Over Today; Eat Less Tomorrow?

Options
2»

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too :) this is my third week. When I go over, I try to write a food note explaining what happened. For example, last week was my mom's birthday and we went to a buffet. I did eat over my calories, but it's because I treated myself to prime rib and a cupcake. Or last night I had a couple of unplanned beers. It helps me when I look back over my week to understand when I'm prone to overdoing it. Bad days happen, but at least I can acknowledge them and keep going. My bad days used to be binging on 3000 calories (more than twice my weight loss calorie goal) and giving up for weeks on trying to eat better. Just keep going.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    When I was losing - I would go over a day or two every once in a while, but as long as my weekly totals were under, I was OK with it. You can also do a little more cardio to offset the overage...but I would do at least 2 calories of burn for every calorie of eating over. Partly to teach myself how long it would take me on the treadmill to burn off my chicken wings and bud light, and partly so I could have my chicken wings and bud light :-)