Feeling down, Need help for inspiration

Options
Hey MFP,
I havent written in a while because i had been doing so well with Weight Watchers. Im having a little trouble getting myself back on the wagon. I ate so much crap the past month that i almost gained back 10 pounds outta 20. Ive been doing A LOT of Celebrating this month starting the week of May 12th in honor of my MAY 20th One Year Wedding Anniversary. Family wanted to take us out for dinners and such. then it was memorial day weekend and i had my brother in and our whole family was together AND he got engaged! Sooo happy for him, yet i ate everything. Now for the Kicker.... This week i went to a wedding that was a celebration of the whole weekend. Such amazing food, but i ate non stop for 3 days. TODAY we just got home and we adopted a sweet little kitten! We named her Crow! Such a cutie and so happy to have her in our lives.... so here is the problem...

I have been concentration so much on others in what they wanted from ME that i forgotten to take care of myself and watch my eating. This morning i looked in the mirror and in HORROR it looked like my stomach was a straight on torpedo. i can feel everything that i have eatten this Month and i am depressed and sickened with myself. How do i move on from here now, i feel so hopeless and could really use good advice. Detox ideas? Motivational Pictures, or Really helpful advice.

I want to lose this weight and keep it off!!!! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can offer is dont focus on what you could of done,how you could of eaten.Focus on today,and tomorrow,one day at a a time until you feel its a little more under your control.

Each day you do well pat yourself on the back that you have succeeded.Each baby step is a new you and each time you start to feel unmotivated remember you can do it,its not something that is our of reach for you,its certainly doable.

To me,the fact your aware of falling off the wagon is a huge deal.If you didnt notice,didnt care and keep on then well we would have a little bit of a problem:)

Focus on the small accomplishments you can do today then keep on with those and before you know it you will be back into it:)
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^. Agree.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    There is a Chinese proverb I really like: "When you have lost your way, go back to the beginning and start again." Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Good days and bad days are all behind you; you only have what is ahead.

861696_10200171853450833_1524388967_n_zps00a841e9.jpg
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new kitty! Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time living LIFE! Don't worry about the damage done...you can get back on track again. Monday starts a new week. Reign yourself in, take stock of what you have accomplished and know that YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!! The power is within you! :drinker:
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well said em1976.

Just start out small little steps lead to big steps.

Past is the past and you can't take it back just move forward.

You know what to do and you know what works for you. You can do this.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Stop beating yourself up over the past. It is gone. Pick yourself up and start new. You did it before, you can do it again. Just takes planning , perserverance and patience. We all screw up, you are not alone. You can do this.
  • medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My advice...quit your crying and get back to work...WE ALL MESS UP!!! Big deal, so you gained a little, you can go eat a cupcake and complain again in a few hours or you can suck it up, FORGIVE YOURSELF, and go get a workout in..go for a walk, hit the gym, do 20 burpees during every commercial break...I refuse to play the violin or anyone, we gotta get real with ourselves, the anniversary was a GREAT excuse but you couldve eaten a fantastic salad...Why didn't you?...i'll tell you, BECAUSE YOU DIDNT WANT TO!!! and guess what sunshine...ITS PERFECTLY OK!!!!
    Now...it's time to get back in the game, detox, I'm on a 21 day raw detox and today was day one...a simple one is just to grab a bottle of water (1Ltr) and squeeze an entire lemon in it, when you wake up before you even pee drink it all down, it helps with the salt/slow-gut/crappy feeling you're having.

Good luck darlin, you can do this!!!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You know what you did wrong so don't repeat the mistake. The first thing to learn is that celebration doesn't mean eating to excess. You can enjoy food with portion control and still get to eat the foods everyone else is. It's a life long journey to control your weight and getting your head in a place that you can control your eating is the first step. You can be happy for yourself or others without food being part of it.
  • walzon
    walzon Posts: 5
    Options
    remember how good it felt when you found out that you lost your first 10 pounds, and even better when you worked harder to work out the next 10? felt awesome didn't it? :D

this time, you know that you can lose that weight all over again because you have done it before! just got to get your confidence back up by getting back on track! in fact, every mistake you make will make you stronger, and will make you realize mistakes are a process to living and learning. i just started but i know i'll make a mistake sooner or later, but i am trying to build the confidence to be able to recover. think of this as a challenge for you, and how much better it will feel losing that weight the 2nd time around!

personal story, i'm pretty much almost going through the same thing as you (but I'm a kid so i guess my celebrations aren't as big), just graduated college and last few months of school I was just eating out and drinking a ton of beer everyday. when i got home, i realized something needed to be done and i came to myfitnesspal, and it's been working great so far!

keep your head up high and be active! i hope this helps! :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's a new day, a new start! :) Just wake up tomorrow with the determination to do this for YOU. You've already done a great job and proven that you CAN. Now is the time to refocus! :)

And congratulations on everything :) Sounds like a great month for some great memories!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you aren't happy with where you are now. So do something about it.

How will a picture help you better than what you see in the mirror?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Stop making celebrating EVERYTHING about food.

There will always be birthdays, parties, events

excuses.

There is no reason why you cant enjoy these things and log your food, and not have it be an ALL or none thing.

I hope this didnt sound too harsh

STOP making excuses.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Stop making celebrating EVERYTHING about food.

There will always be birthdays, parties, events

excuses.

There is no reason why you cant enjoy these things and log your food, and not have it be an ALL or none thing.

I hope this didnt sound too harsh

STOP making excuses.

Tough love! I agree!

MODERATION! Its the key to success...not EXcess. Enjoy your celebrations but don't blame them. ;)

We all mess up. Just get on the horse and RIDE! Yesterday is gone. Move forward! :)