A call for Recipe Help!

Options
rayneenie
rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
Ok Y'all I have a huge favor to ask! Let me start with the story.
My Husband and I have wanted a family forever (well since we met 13 years ago). We have talked about kids, planned kids, and tried for kids. When we married and had good insurance thanks to the Marine Corps, we saw a doc who tested our fertility. Hubby was fine but I would need help and it was advised that first I lost some weight. Hubby deployed I found a surgeon (after several misses had 2 docs lose their right to practice while we were in the pre surgery process). He came home and I had a lap band placed. I have now lost roughly 130 lbs (from my highest). Insurance changed when hubby separated from the Marines and no longer covers fertility treatments. Which turned out not to matter much as last year I was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer and had to have a full hysterectomy. I am now 100% cancer free and we are going to adopt a baby. It is super expensive so we are fundraising like mad. One of the fundraisers we want to do is to put together a cookbook. I do not have enough recipes in my repertoire to fill a cookbook so I am turning to you. Would you please share with me some of your favorite family recipes? You can share them in a comment here or you can send me a private message. Please be sure to include your name, city, and state so that I may give you credit for your recipe. Thank you so much for your time. You will never know how very much this one simple gesture means to us.

Replies

• Laurasmartyone
    Laurasmartyone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's really great to see you have overcome your obstacles and are driving forward to achieve what you want! Best of luck with the fund raiser!
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's really great to see you have overcome your obstacles and are driving forward to achieve what you want! Best of luck with the fund raiser!
    Thank You very Much!