Need Help With Food Diary

Options
Indigoblu1
Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
Hello, I am getting really frustrated with the listings in my Food Diary. It doesn't appear that anybody answers questions in the "Technical Help" section (why is that section even there?). How do you delete entries that you no longer consume from this database? It's annoying. I know that you can hit "recent," but I want them gone. This is pretty ridiculous and it seems like the technical people should be able to correct this with a "fix." Anybody know anything about this? Thank you.

Replies

• ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    That happens to me, too, but only on my phone. If I delete an item from my laptop it does go away completely so I think it's an ios issue or something. Technical help will respond, but not instantly.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Sadly, as far as I know, you can't delete food items from "My Foods" or even from your recent foods list! Which is VERY annoying :\

The only solution I can think of would be to delete your account and make a new one--Which isn't worth the hassle to me, especially since I've been here for a very long time and I wouldn't want to lose all my data in the "Reports" section. So, I'm pretty much stuck!
  • Indigoblu1
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. This is not a good feature of MFP. When I went to the "Tech Support" section, there are questions from September 2013 that have not been answered. Surely it can't take them two years to answer simple questions!? ncfitbit - this last sentence is not addressed at you - it is addressed at the Tech people. This makes me think that they really do not have professional tech people if they cannot write code into the program to let us delete.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Well you could always ask for a refund. ;)
  • Indigoblu1
    Options
    hee hee - hey, now that's an idea!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​​The Recent list just displays up to the last 100 items you, yourself, added to your Food Diary. Those food items will eventually drop off of the Recent list display after you log more items. You can not delete them from the Recent list. If you want, you can change your default display to the Frequent list, from which you can hide previous food items that you, yourself, added to your Food Diary and do not want to see displayed on a list of foods. On the Web version, navigate to FOOD > Settings and change Default Add Food View to Frequent.
    The only way to have the Recent list not display those items that you , yourself, added to your Food Diary is for you to go back to your Food Diary and delete all instances of those unwanted items from every day that you, yourself, logged them. However, if you delete those unwanted entries from your Food Diary, be aware that your macros will not be correct for those previous days and any Reports, if you use that, will not be correct.