So off topic...

Options
cherie2304
cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
Does anyone use Bare Minerals make-up??? I just started to use it and I love it. Problem is the warmth...either I put too much or too little. How do you get used to it? It's suppose to be all over coverage but when I do that I look too dark...when I use it just for the blush it looks great. Any tips or ideas would be great.

Replies

• aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I Love Bare Minerals,been using it for 5 yrs now,it has made my face so much better.It's worth the money.
    For using the warmth use very little it goes a long way.And use there brushes thats key.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my BareMinerals!!! I have not used the warmth so I can't offer any advice there, sorry! My biggest tip is to use the eye shadow primer. It is sooooo worth it!! My eye makeup NEVER creases, even after 10+ hours.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love this make up! But I hate the warmth! I went to the counter at Macy's and got a pretty color with shimmer in it. I'm very light and warmth just never looked right.
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    I think it's just trial and error with that. It's so dark so you want to start out skimpy. I use it on cheekbones, and a bit on sides of forehead and across nose, I keep it skimpy though since I'm really fair to begin with.
  • landa93
    landa93 Posts: 11
    Options
    Luv it!! I have been using it for a while now. I use the foundation primer and it helps prevent the "cake" from happening, especially after wearing it all day. Make sure that you tap off the excess before applying.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I am a Bare Minerals junky! I have almost every product they make including over 160 eyeshadows.

Find a room with natural light to apply your makeup(sit in front of a window). If you are putting it on in front of a mirror in a lighted bathroom you might be shocked when you see what you actually look like.

With warmth a tiny bit goes a LONG way. Tap the tiniest big into the lid. When I say tiny I mean about 3 pin heads. Make sure you are tapping off the brush before you apply to your face. You can apply 7 it multiple times to build up coverage, but if you use too much on the first application and look like an oompa lumpa (sp?) you'll have to wash your face and start over.

Where/how do you apply it? I would suggest just sweeping it over the parts of your face that get burnt first (bridge of nose, cheek bones, forehead). I've also used it as a contour color but that's a bit more difficult since it's so dark w/ a red tint.
  • valleyp
    valleyp Posts: 49
    Options
    I have been using Bare Minerals for 5 1/2 years and I still love it. I have tried other brands of mineral make up and nothing is like Bare Minerals. I use the Warmth very sparingly, just to give my face a sunkissed look. They have other shades of all over face color. One is kinda peachy and one is rosey. Maybe warmth isn't the right shade for your complexion and you could try one of the others.
  • fliz23
    fliz23 Posts: 2
    Options
    I always brush a little on my wrist first, to get the excess off and to check how dark it is. I'm very fair, and I love that warmth.
  • cherie2304
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies...i use only the amount that stuck to the lid...maybe that is too much. either way I will hopefully get the hang of it. I'm not someone who wears make-up every day so it may take a little longer to get used to it. i did wear it this weekend and I don't know what I did but it really looked good. I think it was that I didn't wear that much. Thanks again...
  • cherie2304
    Options
    So this morning I put on the make-up and then looked at myself in natural light and had put too much warmth...its ok though put some foundation on top and help a lot. It really sux that the natural light doesn't come through until just before I have to leave for work. Oh well its a work in progress. I like the look of the warmth otherwise I would just use my blush I have. Would be so much easier.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Just a thought...when you run out of the bare minerals...

Mary Kay has a mineral make-up that is all one step. No 3step layering have to make sure it's not to dark dance in the morning. haha...

I love it! Been using it for a couple of years now.

Not knocking Bare Minerals though!
  • cherie2304
    Options
    Thanks PoshTaush...good to know. I'll keep that in mind.
  • Yurippe
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies...i use only the amount that stuck to the lid...maybe that is too much. either way I will hopefully get the hang of it. I'm not someone who wears make-up every day so it may take a little longer to get used to it. i did wear it this weekend and I don't know what I did but it really looked good. I think it was that I didn't wear that much. Thanks again...

If it is anything close to the amount that sticks to my lid, that is probably 4-5 times too much for a first application! If you have a spare lid from an empty product (or any other clean flat surface) you might want to try that instead.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Boy, there's a lot of work that goes into being a gal.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Boy, there's a lot of work that goes into being a gal.
    You said it!:laugh: Well you must have seen all the hormonal posts lately we've started on here.:tongue: To think the make up and such is merely extras to look purty and heatlhy :) The other stuff we have to simply deal with:grumble: :ohwell: :wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Oops found my answer :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I am a Bare Minerals junky! I have almost every product they make including over 160 eyeshadows.

Find a room with natural light to apply your makeup(sit in front of a window). If you are putting it on in front of a mirror in a lighted bathroom you might be shocked when you see what you actually look like.

With warmth a tiny bit goes a LONG way. Tap the tiniest big into the lid. When I say tiny I mean about 3 pin heads. Make sure you are tapping off the brush before you apply to your face. You can apply 7 it multiple times to build up coverage, but if you use too much on the first application and look like an oompa lumpa (sp?) you'll have to wash your face and start over.

Where/how do you apply it? I would suggest just sweeping it over the parts of your face that get burnt first (bridge of nose, cheek bones, forehead). I've also used it as a contour color but that's a bit more difficult since it's so dark w/ a red tint.
    Thanks for the tips!

um, 160 eyeshadows? WOW
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Wow. I'm sure glad I'm a NATURAL beauty,
  • Yurippe
    Options

Thanks for the tips!

um, 160 eyeshadows? WOW

Yeah, I know. It's not normal, it really is an unhealthy addiction. If anyone remember the Pokemon song, "gotta have um all" that's kinda what's going on in my brain for whatever "thing" I'm into at the moment.

It's also not cheap. A lot of them came from kits, but a regular sized BE eyeshadow retails $13. Thank god they have no chemical junk in them and don't expire like regular makeup.