sports bra for high impact sports - good news!

Options
If you think they don't make a sports bra that actually keeps the girls still when you run, I have great news. They do!

My misconception: because Target, Kohls and even Dicks sports bras don't really work very well or are awkward, despite the cost, nobody will.

I bought one yesterday at a specialized running store. It was only $20, which is cheap in comparison, and it was a beast. As I installed the damn thing, it did occur to me that I was preparing for war, but there was no chafing, no straps marks after six miles, and I barely even knew I had boobs as I ran. Awesome news. No longer will I buy cheap sports bras that cost a lot of money. This particular one was made by Moving Comfort. I know nothing of the company - just that somebody somewhere has figured out how to make an effective sports bra. So I thought I'd pass that revelation to you. Maybe you have other recommendations for us to add to this thread... ;)

Replies

• desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thank you :smile:

Even I saw that they cost over $80 in Switzerland - therefore not really cheap, even in comparison... but sometimes you have to invest in something good :smile: will have a look for it when I go shopping next time...
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I just googled them and all their sports bras were around $50-60, which is the same price range as Lululemon, a Canadian brand that's good quality, but really quite pricey. Maybe yours was on sale?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I buy Shock Absorber ones for £35-45 from Amazon, and it definitely is incredible what a difference a good one makes - especially when you run often. Nipple chafing is to be avoided at all costs.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Ahh. Yes, that could definitely be the case. I've always been a little bitter about the cost of a sports bra. But knowing how well this one works ... then the question becomes: if the bra *actually* does what I need it to, and I might save a little money on Body Glide ;), is it now worth $50-60? (Probably not, for me ... so I'll be seeking the sales.)
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    wow - maybe I ought to call and reserve another now!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    "Installing" the dam thing :laugh:

Thanks for the tip! :smile:
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Installing...*snicker*, but i just checked, it's a no go for my size, bummer.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I just googled them and all their sports bras were around $50-60, which is the same price range as Lululemon, a Canadian brand that's good quality, but really quite pricey. Maybe yours was on sale?

Check around. I just bought a second one from MEC for $24. They had others for $35 Running Room had them on sale too. Limited colours but I'm ok with that.
    I also like the lulu bras.

To be honest, they are worth the regular price of $50.

OP- I stumbled across them in a Triathlon store a few years ago and came to the same conclusion.
    Right now I am nursing and they are the most comfortable bra for running.

Also their website has a size and model guide which I have found accurate. since my size has changed it helped pick the right one. I used it and ordered from another site.
  • dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the moving comfort fiona sports bra. They typically run about $45 if not on sale, but I think they're worth every penny.
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    I think I will pick another up on Monday. I'm still excited it worked so well. Lol ... pathetic ... so excited about a sports bra lol! Thx y'all!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    lgutches wrote: »
    I think I will pick another up on Monday. I'm still excited it worked so well. Lol ... pathetic ... so excited about a sports bra lol! Thx y'all!

I don't think that's crazy! lol I'm thinking you should pick up 2 more on Monday instead of just the one. Particularly if you're buying them while still on sale. Good ones are hard to find without paying quite a bit. So on sale at $20... you found a great deal!!

Good job :)
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have 2 moving comfort, a C9 knock off of a Moving Comfort, 2 glamorise, a Shock Absorber, and 3 high impact bras I bought at a Walmart clearance years and years ago. I think my Shock Absorber is favorite, closely followed by my Moving Comfort. They all work though. If your girls are cantelopes, there ARE plenty of options!
  • stronghealthywoman
    Options
    I bought 2 Victoria Secret sports bra and they really keep your boobs in place, definitely worth the investment cause there is nothing good about bad sport bras!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 Victoria Secret sports bra and they really keep your boobs in place, definitely worth the investment cause there is nothing good about bad sport bras!

I love the VS bras. They keep everything in check, and the padding is great so I'm not nipping out all over the place, the patterns are super cute, and somehow they NEVER STINK. Whenever they're on sale, I buy one. Even though I'm not super well-endowed, I discovered while training for my first marathon last summer that boobs like to be well-taken care of, no matter the size! When you find something you like, buy as many as you can and be sure to never shrink them in the wash!