How often do you weight yourself?

Options
What are you hoping to see when you step on the scale? Are you hoping to see the number go down or are you just trying to maintain your weight?

What reaction do you have if the scale has gone up since the last weigh in?

I weight myself just whenever I am thinking about it. Sometimes that happens to be several days in a row and sometimes I go weeks without a weigh in. While i would like to lose just a little bit of weight I am always hoping I see a maintenance weight on the scale and not see that I have gained weight. I

Replies

• kgulett
    kgulett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh everyday, sometimes twice a day. It helps keep me motivated to see even an ounce gone. Or if it has went up, what not to do. I'll see how it goes for now, and if it causes a problem, then ill try and control myself!
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Several times every day. Keeps me on my toes.
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Wednesdays, as long as I'm not gaining I am happy.
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday. And I hope to see it go down. And depending on how my week went depends on my reaction if I don't get the results I want.
    One week I had a 6.6 pound loss. The next a 2 pound gain. Then I was a little upset but after that big loss the week before I didn't expect anything big. But the next week I lost over 4.
    I don't own a scale so I only weigh in at WW. I think if I had one at home I would obsess too much.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Once a week - your weight can fluctuate from day to day - typically I do it every Saturday morning on the gym scale (my home scale is really not accurate - theirs is a medical scale) before I've had anything to eat or worked out (and maybe just a tiny sip of water for thirst's sake). Even though it's in the ladies' locker room, I wear my lightweight gym clothes but take my shoes off.
  • Troutman
    Troutman Posts: 28
    Options
    Everyday
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Neurotically every day. I tried to not. It hurt. It hurt so bad.

Now I accept my addiction, and I fed it today by buying a scale that also measures my body fat % and my BMI. So I get three times the low when I step on it and it says I haven't budged...

FOR FIVE FREAKING WEEKS.

*ahem*
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Every Friday...to see what I have done for the week :)
  • MelissaDoc
    MelissaDoc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but I don't get worried about the normal fluctuations. I like to watch the trends over time, and adjust my exercise and/or eating if need be.
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I aim for once a week...

But often I weigh myself once a day
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Every Friday and I hope it goes down :)
  • wolfsvixen
    wolfsvixen Posts: 11
    Options
    Saturday mornings is when I do it along with my bi-weekly measurements. Before I eat or drink anything. Seems to work for me.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Saturday AM only.
  • fearlessMama87
    Options
    I don't weigh myself at home, I only weigh myself at the gym before I workout. Every other day.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. Naked after using the restroom.

It is one of the many ways I track progress. Plus it makes a helpful graph to pull out when people get worried about going up a pound or two overnight. :tongue:

I don't really have any expectations. If the number goes down, well that's great, but it doesn't set my mood for the day. If the number goes up, *shrug*, well as long as my close are getting looser who cares. Weight is affected by too many things and not really worth getting stressed about.
  • bigman7243
    bigman7243 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just recently started a new diet so it's been about every three days but I am now aiming for every two weeks. Mondays when I wake up before eating. I'd like to see big changes over small ones. Makes the accomplishments even better.
  • ChelleyCredible
    ChelleyCredible Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am hoping for GAIN when I step on the scale. I will be very happy if I see the numbers going up of course since that is my goal...to gain weight.

Weighing yourself multiple times a day or everyday for that matter can drive some people crazy.. Because change doesn't happen over night. Our weights tend to fluctuate a lot during the day anyways...which is normal. So, don't get discouraged if you keep seeing ups and downs. Try weighing once a week at the same time...I think its the morning time that is most effective? I personally believe measuring is more effective though since the weight could have turned into new muscle.
  • KPMP1992
    KPMP1992 Posts: 66
    Options
    Every Monday. I'm at 143 and will feel better when I see 140.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Morning and before bed. I wish I could get myself to just do once a week, but I worry about getting off track. However, after having done this for a long time now, I'm pretty consistent. I pretty much know what to eat during the day. It's habit, more than anything else. That, and I love tracking things, which is why this site is so addicting for me. :)