At home cardio

Options
WVmom24
WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
I've always walked as my primary form of exercise, and truly enjoy it. Well, right now I'm wanting to get back into my exercise routine and my treadmill's been broken for quite a while. During warmer months I would walk around my neighborhood but the road is pretty icy most nights lately and when I walked the other evening, my legs got painfully chapped even through my thermal leggings. So I want to exercise indoors, but can't afford to replace or fix the treadmill or join a gym at the moment. Might I add that I got fired yesterday so I really can't afford it. Such joy that is life. What are some good at home cardio exercises that don't require any equipment?

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Lots of workout videos on YouTube for free. There are cardio videos, circuits with strength / cardio and abs, bodyweight training. You name it, you'll find it.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Leslie sansone walking at home is an awesome dvd ....I got mine at walmart for like 10.00 ...she has many dvd's from 1 mile all the way up to 5 miles
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your job, that stinks.

For exercise routines use youtube. Tons of workout there. I used fitnessblender when I started. Also search MFP and youtube for calisthenics.
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Crank up your favourite music and dance, dance, dance whichever way you enjoy it :smile: ... that's my main cardio now -> it works and it's FUN. In fact, just for the fun of it, I've just recently started to dance around when doing other stuff (e.g. brushing my teeth, making the bed, cooking, doing dishes etc) in addition to an hour dedicated dancing and Woah, let me tell you my exercise burn (I'm using a FitBit ) nearly doubled without even trying
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Your very own circuits, and Tabata style drills if you want intensity (Google it if unfamiliar). Alternate between jumping jacks, high knees in place, running in place, jumps, push ups, etc....lots that you can do to mix it up at home.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I agree youtube has great workout videos you can use and I love variety! I also have some DVDs and bicycle pedals. Just Dance is fun too.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com has a lot of workouts (all free!)
    Very sorry about your job =(