Skinny Fat

So I'm 18 and 5'9 and 158 lbs... 155lbs now. Since I have been in college I have packed 10lbs in one semester! I am frustrated with myself for letting it happen. I am now on the road to losing 10lbs in 5 weeks and I need motivation! I logged on to MFP on Monday ever since I have already lost 3lbs but my goal weight is 145! I really need help on what exercises I should do and if I should lift more than cardio or vise versa. I really need your help and motivation!

Replies

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Welcome! Go to the General Diet and Weight Loss forum. Look at the announcements at the top of that forum and it will have information on what you need to do to get started. Good luck!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Take a weight lifting PE class in college if or works for you.
  • First off, with so little to lose, it would be smarter to lose 1/2-1 pound per week instead. Otherwise you are likely to overdo it when you can go back to eating normal amounts.

For gym tips, I would assume you could find some gym rats at your college that would happily show you the rounds.

Also, you could always try taking up a sport, whether informal or formal team, to help shred the pounds.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Hi! I'm a college student too. I gained about 30 pounds during my first two years of college and then lost about 45 pounds since June.
    I recommend cardio at the gym. Lifting will help you build muscle, which isn't a bad thing, of course, but cardio is a great calorie-burner. I spend an hour on the elliptical about five times a week.
    You probably have a meal plan on campus, so just try to watch your portion sizes. I cook for myself now and that really helps.
    Basically, just log everything as accurately as possible and eat at a deficit and you'll be good to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!