Hi there, Im design student, vegan, binge eater, and I need some mfp friends please

Options
Hey I'm Rob a design student at Loughborough university who has been vegan now for about 3 months with a previous year of vegetarianism. I'm a rather active guy running, cycling and climbing and am lucky on a mfp 30day streak but the food.I've been eating is terrible and would like to gain some support and help others in there weight loss journey by being able to share my.diary and feel that someone is seeing digitally what I eat and hopefully keep me in check. Hope.to meet so like minded people looking forwards to meeting you
Rob

Replies

• RunningForDonuts
    RunningForDonuts Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a binge eater too, although not vegan. Feel free to add me!
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Im also struggling with binge eating. You can add me if you want
  • Cobrianna_Risner
    Options
    I just binged after a three day diet... Makes you feel so bad :/
  • Misssassy1801
    Misssassy1801 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In learning a lot about food and this particular issue. It's a struggle but I'm determined, feel free to add I need accountability partners too.
  • fitmamba
    fitmamba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :) Add me on here if you want and you can follow me on Instagram @fit.mamba for healthy tips. Good luck with your fitness journey! "Less Fats and more Protein for lean muscles" P.D. Soy is super rich in protein ;)
  • MAGNETOBOB
    MAGNETOBOB Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    added everyone so far if you don't mind me asking what do you think the causes of your binge eating are im sure mine i stress and social anxiety, I would have a very healthy diet if it wasn't for consistent binges am trying to change things up at the moment allowing myself a higher calorie intake which should still allow for weight loss although at a slower rate. however its not a diet its a lifestyle change. Thanks everyone im sure if we work together we can get through this
  • MaryAnneCa
    MaryAnneCa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Im a vegan binge-r and I also work in design. I've been working on my binge eating for about a week now and it's it going really well. I've realized that the stuff I freak out on I just don't go down that aisle in the grocery store. I don't buy it and so I don't eat all in one sitting. You can add me if you like.
  • midge11049831
    Options
    Hey I'm Jess, actually recovering from anorexia. Now a binge eater unfortunately. Hoping to sort this out and get on a healthy path. For me it's just the food I didn't allow myself for a long time, I say don't buy it so it's not there. For me it helps not to add pressure or any restrictions which 'diets' tend to do. Feel free to add me also :)
  • doiti
    doiti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Rob, I'm vegan and like you trundle along just fine until I hit an emotional/anxious period. To help me overcome these negative urges I have started to have one crisp bread with teaspoon of marmalade in between meal times (2 hours after eating and at least 30 minutes before next meal) Having this carb spike has helped me keep on an even keel. There is some convincing evidence to suggest that that small doses of high carbs prevent serotonin levels from dipping thus maintaining good mood. Also it helps to remind yourself that it is your primitive brain/ habitual mind that is craving the comfort eating - try to hold back for a few minutes before you start to binge and instead engage the conscious intellectual mind and make the positive decision to stay on track.