Low calorie beverages

Options
Years ago I stopped drinking soda because I truly believe that soda is horrible for you in so many ways. Whenever I'm doing well with eating and exercise I get cravings for soda (I think it's the bubbliness?). I also like Peace Tea & Arnold Palmer Half & Half (tea/lemonade) but I can't justify spending 150 calories on a can of tea. Anyone have any suggestions for a low calorie beverage?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    seltzer.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You can get some Crystal Light powders or liquid drink mixes to put in water. It is also good with sparkling water or club soda. I think they even make tea and lemonade flavors, so you could make your own "Arnold Palmer" with only 10 calories.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Water with fruit (orange or strawberry) or cucumber cut up into it is pretty flippin' awesome.

Plus you can eat them afterwards.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink soda water with a splash of lemon or lime juice.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Powerade Zero Mixed Berry is my favorite.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Home brewed ice tea! I make both black and green iced tea. My kids drink it with added sugar and I drink my straight up!
  • alonzo15
    alonzo15 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! Thank you!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    i drink fresca- which is pretty much an upgraded selzter water. But otherwise- water- coffee, tea and almond milk hot chocolate. I'm pretty boring like that.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    if you want bubbly, try the fruit flavored seltzers...zero calories if you don't buy the sweetened ones.

Canada Dry, Polar...and many other brands as well.
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I second the soda water, mix it with some sort of cordial (elderflower is lovely!) and you have a fairly low calorie fizzy drink.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I used to drink sooooooo much soda. Like literally, as soon as I woke up in the morning I'd start my day off with a soda and drink soda all damn day. I stay away from soda, flavored waters and other drinks too if they have HFCS and aspartame etc... So now I will only have soda (other than if its in moderation like if I go to a restaurant or whatever) if its this organic root beer and I'll drink water and pink lemonade. I just had to drink this stuff to get used to it!
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gets bottled water and puts all cut up fruit in it.... Looks pretty good! Maybe try that or seltzer....
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Seltzer water, diet pop (no it won't kill you). If you believe water from a bottle is natural.... you're delusional.

Diet Snapple Tea also.