Just Insanity Month Two?

Options
What's your guys' opinion on doing only month two of Insanity? I did the whole program about a year ago now, and saw the majority of my results during the second month workouts. I've done some of the month one workouts here and there over the past couple months, and while they can still be ridiculously hard, I can keep up for the most part. I'm at about 21% body fat right now, and I'd love to be able to get down to 18% or so, and I'm hoping doing just the max workouts will help me get there pretty efficiently. What do you think? Should I just do month two (i started on the first, so I've already got two of the workouts under my belt), or start with month one and then work back up again?

Replies

• LetsStartARiot
    LetsStartARiot Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump??
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to do month 1 in addition to month 2. Month 1 can be just as hard as month 2 if you really push yourself. If you're able to do most of month 1 workouts push yourself to go faster and get more reps in. Each month has different warm ups and moves so I think it's good to do both months so you keep you're muscles confused. I'm on round 3 week 3 and every time I get back to month 1 i'm surprised at how much more difficult it gets because I'm able to push myself so much harder.
  • shaxl
    shaxl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My first post here, found this thread after googling for exactly the same as the thread title LOL.

Am I the only person in this entire universe who doesn't feel Month 2 is far harder than Month 1 workouts? Sure I burn extra hundred calories in Month 2 but I attributed that to the longer duration. I was apprehensive prior to starting Month 2 as everywhere on the Net people were talking about how HARD Month 2 workouts are and they felt like dying, but upon entering Month 2 I certainly did not hold the same sentiment as many others.

Sorry for not sticking to the topic. :p

I agree with chelsey728, while initially I, too, wanted to repeat just Month 2 after this Round 1 (am at week7 day 3) as I enjoyed the Max workouts a lot, but reading chelsey728's arguments I am changing my mind and would go over the whole program again when I decide to do Round 2.

While I haven't lost any weight (I started at 110lbs, 5'2", after Month 1 my weight was down 1lb LOL) and have no way of measuring my body fat, and don't see much change in my body measurements (haven't really measured all the parts after Month 1 except for my waist and there was no decrease) I really love Insanity!
    I did a round of P90X and funnily it made my thighs and calves bigger, was alarmed at that but luckily everything went back to normal size after completing P90X.