Need some serious motivation!!

Options
bethnewey
bethnewey Posts: 62 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am queen of fad dieting.
I have extreme dieted so many times before, I can't help but to expect to lose a kilo in 2 days, so when I don't It kills my motivation.
I either eat like it's my last day on earth or like there's no food left on earth.
So, I'm trying to do it right this time, take it slow, eat right and exercise.
But there's one other problem, I have no motivation to start with... not even a little this time.
But it has to be done, my cholesterol was sky rocketing through the roof, and instead of eating healthy and brining it down I put on an extra 10 kilos.
20+ kilos, and I either hate myself or couldn't care less... There is no in between, no normal diet, no motivation.

If you are full of motivation or even if you are seriously deprived like myself, Pleaae add me.
I need someone or something to keep me going.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Replies

• FullofSuccess
    FullofSuccess Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My goal is to loose 1lb (2.2kilos) a week. If I loose half that that OK still 26lbs a yr
  • bethnewey
    Options
    Thank you, that's awesome
  • fitmamba
    fitmamba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :) Add me on here if you want and you can follow me on Instagram @fit.mamba for healthy tips. Good luck with your fitness journey! "Less Fats and more Protein for lean muscles" ;)
  • FullofSuccess
    FullofSuccess Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No problem. It's so hard to loose weight alone. I try to stay as positive as I can. I'm only in my 2nd week, and I'm a work in progress, but one day a time. Good luck
  • fitmamba
    fitmamba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :) Add me on here if you want and you can follow me on Instagram @fit.mamba for healthy tips. Good luck with your fitness journey! "Less Fats and more Protein for lean muscles" ;)

Try the eBook #28dayjumpstart from @fitgirlsguide on Instagram www.firgirlsguide.com you will have fun losing weight :):smiley:
  • _franco_
    _franco_ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm free :)
  • bethnewey
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    why are you not motivated?
  • bethnewey
    Options
    Honestly, because I'm lazy and impatient.
    I like to see my results quick, and when I don't, I give in :\
  • nani0886
    Options
    Hi Beth, I am new too! And this is the 1000000000th time I've set myself the goal of losing the baby weight (which btw I gained over 8 years ago). I've tried all the shortcuts, you name it and I bet I've tried it. I think motivation is not what I lack. I mean, I see myself in the mirror everyday. i look at my abdomen and legs and I still see the slim girl that I once was. I actually avoid staring at myself, because when I do, I see the person that I've become, and I don't like it. I now have two children 8yo and 2 yo, and a husband that I wanna live for, I wanna have the energy to go out with them and play and be active and healthy. But wanting it is not gonna do anything for me unless I change my entire daily routine, my diet and my excersise habits. Unless I give the first step, and then the second, and third, a so on and so forth. My advise to you is to look at your journey as little steps, it didn't take you a day or two to gain 2 kilos, so you cannot ask your body to get rid of it just like that, and even if you do lose 2 kilos in two days, you are probably losing precious muscle and not actual fat. Diet alone is not the answer, starving is actually worse. I took several weeks of research and seek of "motivation", and in this time I educated myself, how does the body burn fat? The importance on muscle and including excersise into your weight loss, and forget about numbers, don't weight yourself daily, not even weekly. Don't set yourself up for failure, take baby steps. And I promise you, losing 20 or 100 kilos won't be your goal, looking great and feeling great will become the greatest accomplishment you'd achive. Good luck to you all in your journey! Feel free to add me :)
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race...so they say! Although, it's def. working for me!! I'll send you an add. I really find motivating others helps me stay focused on my goals as well!
  • timjam42
    timjam42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth and everyone! What works for me is the simple fact that I didn't think I loved myself enough to care how I looked. Then I saw a suit that I wanted; it didn't come in my size at a reasonable price and i couldn't see financing a suit so i did the next best thing: started working out, went to a nutritionalist and my doctor. I made up my mind to do something about it and loose the weight. :D Sometimes it gets hard and I don't want to go. I don't have a cheering section or support from anyone but yet I go everyday [to the gym]. The hardest part is going cuz I could always find a reason not to go, but thosed days are over. This has to be something that you want to do; not just say "I want to do it". I am on a 1600 a day calorie plan and has yet to hit the mark more than once. I've set [small reasonable and attainable] goals for myself and do my darnest to hit the mark; I'm not always successful but I don't allow myself to get discouraged, I get right back in the fight. In the gym find or create a routine that you are comfofortable with, get in your zone and go at it. Black out everything/one else. Make it personal and before you know it not only will you have lost the weight but you'll tone up and build muscle and heads will turn. Go see a nutritionalist if you need help eating the right foods; get on a plan and see it through. Good luck in your endeavours and enjoy seeing the new you! :D feel free to add me.
  • bethnewey
    Options
    nani0886 wrote: »
    Hi Beth, I am new too! And this is the 1000000000th time I've set myself the goal of losing the baby weight (which btw I gained over 8 years ago). I've tried all the shortcuts, you name it and I bet I've tried it. I think motivation is not what I lack. I mean, I see myself in the mirror everyday. i look at my abdomen and legs and I still see the slim girl that I once was. I actually avoid staring at myself, because when I do, I see the person that I've become, and I don't like it. I now have two children 8yo and 2 yo, and a husband that I wanna live for, I wanna have the energy to go out with them and play and be active and healthy. But wanting it is not gonna do anything for me unless I change my entire daily routine, my diet and my excersise habits. Unless I give the first step, and then the second, and third, a so on and so forth. My advise to you is to look at your journey as little steps, it didn't take you a day or two to gain 2 kilos, so you cannot ask your body to get rid of it just like that, and even if you do lose 2 kilos in two days, you are probably losing precious muscle and not actual fat. Diet alone is not the answer, starving is actually worse. I took several weeks of research and seek of "motivation", and in this time I educated myself, how does the body burn fat? The importance on muscle and including excersise into your weight loss, and forget about numbers, don't weight yourself daily, not even weekly. Don't set yourself up for failure, take baby steps. And I promise you, losing 20 or 100 kilos won't be your goal, looking great and feeling great will become the greatest accomplishment you'd achive. Good luck to you all in your journey! Feel free to add me :)

You are so right, I need to start looking at this journey in little steps, I never do that.. I tend to look at it like "great, I still have X amount to lose". Thank you for the motivation and the kind words. Im started to get excited to start!!