Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • BethanyDeines
    BethanyDeines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exercise will definitely help! At the very least introduce some weight training because your body will burn fat even while you are not doing anything. You will also notice your body changing shape, even when you are not losing much weight which is incredibly motivating! If you are not an exerciser, it takes a little bit of time to get addicted to it. I'd recommend a trainer to help you stay accountable 1-2 times per week or join a class. I've seen a major transformation in my body since trying crossfit about 18 months ago. I don't really weigh less (in fact, I actually way more) but my body looks completely different. I'm working hard to lose weight so you can see the muscle and definition I've worked so hard to build. Hang in there...the exercise can be the fun part of this journey if you let it. Good luck!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you're stuck, try something different. Try something new. When I got stuck I increased my calories for a couple of weeks. It's counter-intuitive, but it worked for me. In the weeks since then, I've added some walking and a hill occasionally. I'm losing steadily again. And the next time I get stuck, I'll change something. Give it a try and DO NOT QUIT!!
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I started MFP 220 days ago by introducing more exercise into my regimen (mostly walking and some at-home exercises) and at the same time sticking with the MFP recommendation of 1,250 cals./day but eating back pretty much *all* of my earned exercise calories.

Are you sure you aren't missing any hidden calories consumed (mayo, sugar, ketchup, coffee creamer)?? If you're sure and given your lack of loss right now, I'd consider reducing your calorie goal by 100 cals./day, try the new level for 2 weeks, and see how it goes. Realistically, you should be losing at 1,400 cals. a day, but perhaps you are different from the average bear??? To change your goals, click Goals > Change Goals > Guided (goals link), Continue, enter in your accurate information and realistic goal weight, and click Update Profile. GOOD LUCK! :grin:

19507081.png
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Over the years I've tried to lose weight by just eating better and not exercising or exercising and not eating better, and I end up about where you are--losing just a little weight and then it stops. The only time that I've consistently lost weight is when I've done both of them together. I don't even do either of them particularly well or intensely, but I've lost 35lbs in the last year fairly easily. Definitely start exercising, even if it's only a little bit at a time!
  • Stevesb62
    Options
    Personally I'm now happy where I am.
    I still want to lose weight, about another 16pounds in total but I've come to realise there is more to this than just simply eating less calories = you lose weight. It's far more complicated than that and despite all the experts and the advice, no one really knows the magic answer that will immediately solve everything.

it might do for some people some of the time but not all the people all the time.

So, I'm now much more relaxed with all this. I am still losing weight but very slowly and gradually. MFP has taught me a lot about what I eat, how much I eat and I'm very grateful for that and I know in time I will get there but not going to stress about it. Most importantly, I'm now aware, far more aware of food and calories and diet and fat, sugar, salt etc. That alone makes all this worthwhile.

I'm not super lean, not super fit but I'm in a much happier better place than I was back in October :)

MFP has been an eye opener, a guide to help me but I won't allow myself to stress or worry that I ate a biscuit or 5 calories too many. :)