If you had to chose between healthy or low-cal…?

Options
2»

Replies

• lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I choose whole foods over processed most of the time. Do I sacrifice some calories by eating real yogurt rather than low calorie yogurt made of garbage? Yes and I am okay with that. It all depends on what YOU want to do.
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For me, I'd pick the twix. Brownies are a major weakness for me. Once I start, there's no stopping until the whole plan is gone. :\ In general, I guess it would depend on how many calories I had left for the day, where my macros were, and how hungry I was.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Those brownies don't sound appealing to me (I hate brownies with "stuff" in them like nuts and bits of fruit...I hate fudge with nuts in it too. I do like nuts, just not in my brownies, cakes, or fudge, lol) so I'd go for the Twix.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    lcooper327 wrote: »
    Do I sacrifice some calories by eating real yogurt rather than low calorie yogurt made of garbage?

I think there are great reasons for people who prefer them to eat full fat yogurt--some find them more satisfying or tasty, and if that were the case for me I'd rather eat less of the stuff I preferred. Since I like both kinds, I occasionally do.

However, this idea that something like Fage full fat plain is "real yogurt" and the 2% or skim version of the same is "made of garbage" is nonsense. Check the labels--they have the same ingredients but for the fact that one has had some or all of the fat removed.

I often get yogurt (both kinds) from local farms, and the same is true.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on the product, my mood, what else I want to eat that day or week, etc.. I don't have a global rule for this kind of thing. I make each decision as it comes.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest - if I had a Twix in my hand and my only other option was to make home made brownies and I was hungry - I'd eat the Twix. That being said, I try to avoid chocolate bars and I rarely make sweets (even date brownies).
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Low cal every time. That way I can fit more other food into my day.
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    lcooper327 wrote: »
    Do I sacrifice some calories by eating real yogurt rather than low calorie yogurt made of garbage?

I think there are great reasons for people who prefer them to eat full fat yogurt--some find them more satisfying or tasty, and if that were the case for me I'd rather eat less of the stuff I preferred. Since I like both kinds, I occasionally do.

However, this idea that something like Fage full fat plain is "real yogurt" and the 2% or skim version of the same is "made of garbage" is nonsense. Check the labels--they have the same ingredients but for the fact that one has had some or all of the fat removed.

I often get yogurt (both kinds) from local farms, and the same is true.

Sorry that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about like dannon light and fit or whatever that is like 80 calories and barely recognizable as yogurt.
  • latoyale
    latoyale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't like the additives that are put in food when trying to make it low cal. I eat the full fat version, but make allowances in my diet for it. I'll exercise a little more or reduce a snack or something.