Keep gaining, open to positive recommendations!

Options
My diet is pretty strict 40/30/30 but I usually go lower on carbs and higher on protein. I am at 25-30% TDEE. I eat well for 6 days straight and then take a break day and don't log to have a couple treats I wouldn't normally have. I've been on a new work out regime for 3 weeks adding more activity and use my fitbit to reach my goals of steps 10000 - 15000 a day, I burn the calories it recommends every day and reach the km goal. I'm losing inches every week but gaining weight for the last 2 weeks, up a lb. 2 weighs in a row. I've lost around 100 lbs. so far and just recently amped it up because I've stopped losing. So my question to you,,,should I continue or change something. I'm very frustrated at this point and determined to get to my goal the healthy way!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? TDEE-25% is pretty aggressive, especially if you've already lost quite a bit.

I would start by logging your cheat day; you could easily be undoing an entire week's work if you aren't counting it. How many calories do you eat a day for the rest of the week? How do you determine the amount you're consuming (food scale/measuring cups/eyeballing portions)? It could be related to water retention from your new workout, but you could also be eating more than you think.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    First off, you're losing inches so you ARE losing fat. You're probably retaining enough water to mask fat loss.

I would start logging everything, even treats. That's not to say that you have to stick to your goal every single day but without logging you don't really know what your deficit is. Then I'd make sure you're using a food scale to log and weighing all your solid food. I didn't need to do that for the first bit but eventually I got to the point where I had to-- you have less margin of error as you lose weight.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/872212/youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

But really, 2 weeks isn't enough time. Be patient. You've lost 100 lbs so you know this works-- trust the process.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 2000 calories on my cheat day but you're right it could be more so I will start logging. I've weighed all my food for the last 2 years, it's kind of a habit now lol good recommendations ladies, thank you
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You added a new workout regimen in the last 3 weeks, the 2 weeks you gained are in that time frame so I might be inclined to say it's added water retention. You've lost 100 lbs so you obviously know how to lose weight. I would personally wait a few more weeks and see what happens.

This
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You added a new workout regimen in the last 3 weeks, the 2 weeks you gained are in that time frame so I might be inclined to say it's added water retention. You've lost 100 lbs so you obviously know how to lose weight. I would personally wait a few more weeks and see what happens.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    First off, you're losing inches so you ARE losing fat. You're probably retaining enough water to mask fat loss.

I would start logging everything, even treats. That's not to say that you have to stick to your goal every single day but without logging you don't really know what your deficit is. Then I'd make sure you're using a food scale to log and weighing all your solid food. I didn't need to do that for the first bit but eventually I got to the point where I had to-- you have less margin of error as you lose weight.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/872212/youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

But really, 2 weeks isn't enough time. Be patient. You've lost 100 lbs so you know this works-- trust the process.

This.

Definitely log everything. I log the good, the bad, and the ugly, so I can go back to my diary at the end of the week and do the math and figure out why I'm not losing as much as I'd like.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Options
    Logging the bad today!! Not giving up,,thanks everyone