Cassey Ho DietBet Challenge

Options
Hey, has anyone else ever done a DietBet challenge? (dietbetter.com) I did one back in September and failed—lost thirty bucks too! But it goes to the people who successfully lost the weight, so I guess it's good. I just didn't have the willpower back then.

This time I'm doing the newest one and am super determined to win at least my money back. The goal is to lose 4% of your body fat in four weeks, which for me would be just over five pounds. That qualifies you to make your money back and then I think you can make more depending on your success... and you have to submit photos and scale pics so they can verify no one's cheating... I think that's how it works. :wink:

Does anyone else want to try it? Could be fun! Hell, I need something to help me combat my severe popcorn addiction.

Replies

• Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I wish I could for a little extra push...but I am too young to donate money and my dad won't allow it haha. Guess I have to rely on my self-motivation rather than the I-don't-want-to-loose-money motivation. You should too! You shouldn't need to gamble money in order to get yourself to loose weight. Wanting to do it for yourself should be enough, the possible results should keep you motivated! :)
  • kateraichu
    kateraichu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know ;P-- in the past 6 months I lost more than 16 lb just to do it for myself. However, recently I've hit a plateau and figured it might be fun to do this alongside my usual things as a little extra motivation.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Kateraichu, I just found Dietbet a few weeks ago and decided to try it. I did two 30 day challenges (which I'm for sure going to win, Yay me!) and just joined a 6 month 'Transformer' bet.

It's interesting. I do think about it when I'm feeling a little tempted 'cause I'm cheap and don't want to lose the money I put down. Friend me here or there if you want. I'm looking for all kinds of motivation and support and I've read that when you have a social group doing the same thing you lose more. I'm working on losing 25 lbs (ish) overall to hit 135 and would like to hit it August 1 if not before.