Book ideas - what are you reading right now?

Options

Replies

• anaisbutterfly7
    anaisbutterfly7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just finished Descent today (forgot the author). Are you on Goodreads?
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Son of the shadows...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    javafate wrote: »
    Thanks for the ideas! That's what I love about forums...some I've read, some I've heard of, most I didn't know existed. I hope people keep adding to this!

Yes, I have already put a couple of holds with my Public Library Consortium's digital library so I can download to my Nook. Heading off to the physical library this morning for something else so I will be checking out a couple of the titles. I typically read about 2 books a week.

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    maeld51 wrote: »
    I last read Dan Simmons, "The Terror"
    Wonderful historical fiction with a bit of scare, took place during the Arctic Explorations in the 1800's, my teeth were chattering!

I love historical fiction. I am definitely going to look into this! Thanks :)
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Paying Guests - very good
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    Just finished The Paying Guests - very good

That looks good. I just put a hold on the audiobook since I need something new to listen to while I swim my laps. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I gotta have pictures brah...

the-rainbow-fish.jpg

• Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    jillshadow wrote: »
    Cursor's Fury, the third book in Jim Butcher's epic fantasy series, Codex Alera. After that I am going to read the fourth book in the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne. I am a fantasy freak!

I've read all the Dresden books, but never tried and of Jim's fantasy stuff. Might need to give it a go...

• javafate
    javafate Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    And the Mountains Echoed, is what I've just started. Same author who wrote The Kite Runner. One of the best books I've ever read.

How are you enjoying it? I also loved The Kite Runner but haven't yet read And the Mountains Echoed.
  • javafate
    Options
    50 Shade of Grey! :open_mouth:

Hahahaha! Just kidding... I would be blushing all day! :flushed:

I sat across from someone in the airport as they were reading this. Let's just say she was also blushing.
  • LouLouStBijou
    Options
    And the Mountains Echoed, is what I've just started. Same author who wrote The Kite Runner. One of the best books I've ever read.

How are you enjoying it? I also loved The Kite Runner but haven't yet read And the Mountains Echoed.

Both of them are well worth the read.

• LouLouStBijou
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    I gotta have pictures brah...

the-rainbow-fish.jpg

LOVE

• Honeysuckle3
    Honeysuckle3 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading "The Crimson Petal and The White" by Michael Faber...and I just started "The Book of Strange New Things" also by Michael Faber :)

I read 50 books in 2014, I'm a book worm also.
  • Chelsey208Hayes
    Chelsey208Hayes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A child called It
  • javafate
    Options
    JD2006 wrote: »
    I just finished The Maze Runner series and loved it. I also like The Giver quartet. Im very much into dystopian books!

I have The Maze Runner series on my Amazon wish list but have yet to pull the trigger. I'm glad to see a review that you "loved it."
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Saint Odd. It's the latest in Dean Koontz Odd Thomas series.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I just finished Curious George Makes Pancakes. I read it every night. Sticky monkey!!!

You should definitely read it. He's a good little monkey but always very curious.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The Dao of Capital is a refreshing read on investing. Mark Spitznagel is the author and a well known hedge fund manager. More of a philosophy book than anything else.

Finished up The Providence of Fire on a flight a couple days ago. Best fantasy book I've read in several years.

Always looking for book ideas; I go through A LOT of books while flying too. Nothing better than a book at 30,000 ft
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    Options
    JD2006 wrote: »
    I just finished The Maze Runner series and loved it. I also like The Giver quartet. Im very much into dystopian books!

I have The Maze Runner series on my Amazon wish list but have yet to pull the trigger. I'm glad to see a review that you "loved it."

I loved the Maze Runner as well.

Thumbs up
  • christinear17
    christinear17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Audio book "Farm City. The Education of an Urban Farmer". My sister wants to be a farmer and she lives in the Chicago burbs. Trying to understand her urge to farm.