NEED TO LOSE 3 STONE IN 2 MONTHS!!!

Options
jquinn165
jquinn165 Posts: 153 Member
getting married in 2 months and can't seem to lose any more than 1 stone need to lose another 3 stone and only have 2 months to do it so if anyone would like to add me and we can try and motivate each other then please do x

Replies

• brendahughes37679
    brendahughes37679 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    how much is 3 stone in pounds?
  • jquinn165
    Options
    42? I think? X
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, there is no way you're going to lose 42 pounds in 2 months. So you may as well just lose that idea right now.

What will happen if you DON'T lose that weight? Will you somehow not be able to get married or something?

Just eat at a deficit and do what you can but you'll have your wedding whether you lose the weight or not. Better to just enjoy it rather than putting all that unnecessary pressure onto yourself for no real reason.

• Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of weight to lose in such a short amount of time. To compare, I hope to lose 30 pounds in 6 months :)
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    1 stone is 14 lbs. Losing 3 stone in 2 months cannot be done safely. Not even close to safely. He loves you and wants to marry you at your present weight, so choose a more reasonable target for your wedding.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    A stone is 14 pounds, so 3 stone is 42 pounds.

2 months is say 9 weeks.

So that would mean losing at a rate of 4.7 pounds a week.

That is really not advisable.

If you have a LOT to lose, then 2 pounds a week is the best target to aim for. What exercises are you doing - strength and weight training can make a big difference to your shape in that time frame?
  • jquinn165
    Options
    I'm just doing cardio atm but I know I need to step it up, I'm not doing it for anyone else but myself, I want to be able to look back at my wedding pictures without thinking I look vulgar so I have to try, I might not get the full 3 stone but that's my goal
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am sure you wouldn't look vulgar anyway... but if you want to lose 3 stone for your wedding, the surest way would be to postpone the wedding. Ok, ok not what a bride wants to hear.

Edit spelling
  • allierat84
    allierat84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Honestly you need to set realistic goals otherwise you're just going to end up feeling rubbish about whatever you do loose. You might be better to concentrate on eating healthier and toning up as 2 months of that will make you feel great and get your weightloss off to a good start.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that is next to impossible. Healthy weight loss is .5-2 pounds per week, which would get you around a stone off if you're diligent.

Read this thread: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing. If you just want to look good in your photos, just postpone the wedding to maybe next year and lose the weight in a healthy way. Otherwise, focus on the fact that you're getting married to the person you love, who asked you to marry him - 3 extra stone and all.

• jquinn165
    Options
    It's not just 3 stone, I need to lose 9 overall but that really is too much in 2 months hahaha the wedding was meant to be last year but we brought it forward xx
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I'm sorry, there is no way you're going to lose 42 pounds in 2 months. So you may as well just lose that idea right now.

What will happen if you DON'T lose that weight? Will you somehow not be able to get married or something?

Just eat at a deficit and do what you can but you'll have your wedding whether you lose the weight or not. Better to just enjoy it rather than putting all that unnecessary pressure onto yourself for no real reason.

+1. A goal of 3 stone in 2 months is completely unrealistic, unless you are willing to sacrifice a couple of appendages to the cause.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Without losing a limb or getting some liposuction, there isn't going to be a way for you to lose 42lbs in 2 months. Maybe 10-20lbs, depending on how well you stick to your deficit, but 42 is a no.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    okay, first : cardio is the worst way to try to lose weight so just forget it. I know people swear by it, and it's the conventional wisdom - but no one's really successful with it. It takes two things: calorie control to lose fat (notice I didn't say 'weight' bc who wants to lose muscle?) and strength training to maintain muscle mass (which is what you need to burn the calories, it's your engine and the fat is the fuel).

By strictly following your meal plan, you can lose about 2 lbs /week. You've got 9 weeks so you can expect to lose 20 lbs or so (your first week will be turbocharged, it always is - expect to lose 4 or 5 but that pace won't last).

Don't cheat, and find a good workout plan to follow and adhere to it and you will be very happy with 20 lbs less. If I were you, I'd beg, borrow, or steal P90X.
  • jquinn165
    Options
    Next year sorry not last xx
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of discouragement here.

OK look. Here's the question: IF you can't lose 3 stone, but perhaps you could lose 1 stone--which is very reasonable--or 2 stone--which is much more difficult but may be attainable depending on a few factors--would you be happier than the scenario where you lose nothing at all?

I'm not going to tell you that 3 stone is "not gonna happen," but this sounds like a case where anything you lose is an improvement. So get started today.

Get started with exercise, every day, starting now. Exercise until it's a habit--until you have to make yourself "not" work out (as opposed to "making yourself work out").

Set a calorie goal, today, and meet it. And meet it again tomorrow. Don't go overboard, don't set your goal unattainably too low--half the message board concerns what an appropriate calorie goal is, so if you don't know, just look around.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    When I got married a couple years ago, I tried to lose what I could, and had to get my dress altered a couple times because I did lose. But it wasn't a race to lose as much as I could before I got married. Your goal seems a bit too unrealistic. Too much cardio isn't really going to help either. You need to track your food and maybe look into lifting weights. Thats what is helping me now!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to lose 3 stone, with a couple of plateaus. There's no way I could have done it in 2. If it means that much to you push the wedding back, but I'm sure you'll look amazing anyway. Focus on losing maybe one stone. Stick to your calorie goal! That's what really matters for weight loss. 3 stone in two months is not attainable or healthy.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    Wow, a lot of discouragement here.
    It's not discouragement it's realism the OP will not lose 3 stone in that amount of time without making herself ill that's just a fact I'm afraid. In reality due to the stresses and strains of weddings she will be lucky to lose anything. My advice is don't put any more pressure and stress on yourself than you need to. Don't worry about losing any more weight you may or may not. Concentrate on enjoying the run up to your wedding without needless stress. Then if you wish to lose some weight after your wedding you can then plan and do it sensibly at a sensible rate. Good luck on your special day and congratulations