Who's still here from New Year's?

Options
I know it's totally cliche` to have started a diet/excersice program on January first- everyone expects you to fail before February. I kept my head down that first month so as not to be written off as a New Years flake, but now I'm proud to speak up and say I'm one of the 2015 New Years resolutioners who's still going strong! I've logged in every day since the first and lost 8.5 pounds so far. woot! So chime in everyone, I'm curious to know who else is beating the odds and sticking to the promise they made to themselves on New Years.

Replies

• superka70
    superka70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Still going at it. Lol
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm here from LAST new year (actually November 2014). Down 22 pounds. Working on the last 15 or so.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    of course! Where else would we be? :)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I know it's totally cliche` to have started a diet/excersice program on January first- everyone expects you to fail before February. I kept my head down that first month so as not to be written off as a New Years flake, but now I'm proud to speak up and say I'm one of the 2015 New Years resolutioners who's still going strong! I've logged in every day since the first and lost 8.5 pounds so far. woot! So chime in everyone, I'm curious to know who else is beating the odds and sticking to the promise they made to themselves on New Years.
    Very well done!
  • amandazona
    amandazona Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too. It sounds kind of silly but it's motivating to me to see the "streak" counter increasing. :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Still here from January 2013 actually, although I guess it wasn't a new year resolution for me as I only started on January 14 or something.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see things are going well for you. Good job for sticking with your resolution.

Well I guess I am one of them too. The end of December was spent stuffing my face and being lazy. I rededicated myself in January.

I've always thought it's better for people to start a 'new year's resolution' in March though.. because the weather is better and theres more sunlight. I think you won't get discouraged as quickly as starting January 1st.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    2015 was my third New Year....
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I thought it was funny how many friend requests I got from newbie resolutioners a month or two ago. But it's been nice to have new faces on my page, and people motivated and active on here! I've been on here since last May, but I congratulate anybody still here from January!

It took me a few weeks to get back into logging but a month or two to keep up the habit! 230 days in. You all can do it!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We can set are self's up for new year 2016 . Feelings. To good to stop!!!
  • zidine100
    zidine100 Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well i joined before Christmas but i decided it was to be a new years resolution at the time which i just decided to start early (because hey why put something off), so im going to say that counts :wink:

Anyway yeah im still here, ive lost 13 kg's and life is just fantastic. :smile:
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey January 2013 although I didnt find MFP until Nov of that year. But I'm still here and now in maintenance.
  • dradams116
    dradams116 Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm still here. Lost 16 pounds so far with the help of MFP (31 day streak!) and I haven't touched a cigarette since December 31, 2014 either. :smile:
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I never used the. MVP. Wrote my daily work out in a log book. Daily kept track. Of all the app does so easily started my fitness journey in fall 2012. Started app in summer. 14. I like it alot
  • passionteacher
    Options
    Yes! Still here!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Started January 1st 2014 and still here 13 months later. Down 92 pounds so far.
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I specially started December 29th so I wouldnt treat this as new year's resolution. But I'm still here
  • amandapearl81
    amandapearl81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 3 (had to get home from holiday family time). I'm still here! 18.8 pounds down, and I also love to see the streak counter go up everyday!
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Still here and down 11.5 pounds.
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Still here...

Could use a few more friends though, seems quite a few have disappeared over the years.