How do I determine my activity level?

Options
How does someone determine their activity level for TDEE calculations? I assumed sedentary because I have an office job as an engineer. But I have ran the Excel extraction tool that pulls your data from MFP and gives you more details. It estimates my lifestyle as Light-Moderate activity.

I workout cardio 3 days per week (30 mins) and suspension/circuit training (~45 mins) at least 2 days per week. I am on my feet 2-3 hours per night cooking, cleaning and daily chores. I'm not interested in increasing my calories but I want to be as accurate as I can in my calculations.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    TDEE includes all your exercise so if you are working out 5 days a week you are not sedentary despite your job.

WHy not go with the suggestons that the tool gave you? These numbers are meant as starting points. You use them for several weeks (ie more than 3 or 4), track carefully and see if you go up, down or maintain and adjust from there.
  • michaelputz
    michaelputz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Do you have a pedometer? Because after getting my Fitbit I found lightly active is around 10000 steps so if you average daily steps is around that number it will be close
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I've lost about 6 pounds in the past month so what I'm doing is working, I was just trying to be accurate in my calculations. :) No pedometer, at least not one that I would accurately rely on.