Options
2»

Replies

• rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Neat thread.

I like the part where roger was telling newbie to make a custom routine.

Um, did you also like the part where I told him to follow a structured routine from e.g. BB.com or stronglifts for a few months?

I also suggested a benching routine that had more structure than the OPs current style and accessory work that should make a difference. So I covered both what I think the OP should do and answered the initial question.
  • rogerOb1
    Options
    rogerbo1 wrote: »
    Lighten your working set to something you can do 3 x 10 or even 3 x 8
    Lol I was afraid u would say that. Should I still do the full body Routine from bb?

Give the BB.com routine a try if you like the look of it. It takes time, you just have to be consistent with the effort. Give it a few months, and you'll be in a better place. Patience man!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Benching routine. lulz.

OP needs to pick up a decent routine, and I don't think there are many of those on bb.com

There are many he can try, he should look at SS and SL to start.

90# curls... smh.
  • rogerOb1
    Options
    Benching routine. lulz.

OP needs to pick up a decent routine, and I don't think there are many of those on bb.com

There are many he can try, he should look at SS and SL to start.

90# curls... smh.

Yes, "benching routine". I dont see anything that I suggested that wouldnt be a solid improvement on what the OP is currently doing so I dont see the point of you inaccurately calling me out, beyond you being a troll.

Again, I clearly suggested SL. The OP even said he tried SL and obviously moved away from it.

People on this site act as if people are wasting their time if they are not doing SS or SL. Its ridiculous - there are lots of routines that will get people good results with the right effort, progressive loading and a good diet.

Also, a lot of people on this site end up giving lots of generic advise and dont answer the OPs question - which is why I did both.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Aw cute, you don't like being called out for being wrong and silly, so you claim troll. That's cute.

This poster is wasting time with what he's doing, and lacks the requisite knowledge to separate the wheat from the chaff on bb.com, yet you suggest bb.com.

This is the type of person whom SL and SS were MADE for. Straight new fish, no knowledge, needs something pre-packaged to follow. You should be able to identify that. It's blazingly obvious from the original post.

OP needs to just buckle down and follow a quality newbie program as designed. Or get a trainer. There's no debate about that.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's handbags at dawn in here...

OP: just pick Stronglifts, Starting Strength or All Pro's and run them as written for at least 3 months. And eat enough. Job done.
  • rogerOb1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Aw cute, you don't like being called out for being wrong and silly, so you claim troll. That's cute.

This poster is wasting time with what he's doing, and lacks the requisite knowledge to separate the wheat from the chaff on bb.com, yet you suggest bb.com.

This is the type of person whom SL and SS were MADE for. Straight new fish, no knowledge, needs something pre-packaged to follow. You should be able to identify that. It's blazingly obvious from the original post.

OP needs to just buckle down and follow a quality newbie program as designed. Or get a trainer. There's no debate about that.

1) No, you are a troll - try re-reading about 50% of your posts....

2) Yes, I know hes a beginner and while the usual suggestions of SL and SS are good, some people prefer different things. If someone is going to stick with a routine, they need to pick something that appeals to them.

3) BB.com has beginner routines that work just fine - I didnt exactly send him into the wilderness.
  • rogerOb1
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    Wow, it's handbags at dawn in here...

Lol, agreed.

• countryboi999
    countryboi999 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To be fair Roger is the only one that's gave me suggestions in the right direction. If I knew what I was doing wrong I wouldn't have posted a thread trying to figuring it out and yes 90lbs curls I'm smh to.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see somebody talking about stalling, it often comes down to a nutrition issue; you need to make sure that you're eating enough. Secondly, programming... Definitely start with a well-structured program. If you can't get with a good trainer then pick-up something good on-line like Starting Strength, StrongLifts, Beyond 5/3/1, etc.
    im on my pct cycle now. without the ph cycle
    I'm bad with acronyms, what is PCT and PH?
  • countryboi999
    edited February 2015
    Options
    the only person that lifts around here within 1 hour drive suggested to try a prohormones(ph) and a post cycle treatment(pct) so I bought them from him lol but the stuff is banned now

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    the only person that lifts around here within 1 hour drive suggested to try a prohormones(ph) and a post cycle treatment(pct) so I bought them from him lol but the stuff is banned now

Dude, don't mess with that *kitten* at all. The benefit at this stage, if you're even on the right stuff and dosage is not worth it and the long-term impact to your natural Testosterone production is not worth it. Trust me, I'm on TRT and it sucks having to be on treatment just to be normal more or less. Don't do it. Get a good training plan, eat, sleep, and you'll grow just fine.

• countryboi999
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I only ran a 8 week cycle to try it out I did get gains but I'm stuck again. (Reason for the thread) lol..but so far I've gathered I need to nut up, eat more, sleep add volume with a good routine
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »

Dude, don't mess with that *kitten* at all. The benefit at this stage, if you're even on the right stuff and dosage is not worth it and the long-term impact to your natural Testosterone production is not worth it. Trust me, I'm on TRT and it sucks having to be on treatment just to be normal more or less. Don't do it. Get a good training plan, eat, sleep, and you'll grow just fine.
  • countryboi999
    edited February 2015
    Options
    And also why I split the days like I do is because I can't do bench and shoulder press on the same day. if I do shoulders first my bench is weak if I bench first my shoulders are weak