i need help

I say I am going to do it but I don't or I stick to it for a few days but I just stop I need help someone got any advice

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Uh. can you be more specific? Sticking to what, calorie goals or fitness goals? Or both? OR food choices?

Like, we ain't be mind readers here.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Start by getting comfortable paying attention to your food and putting it into the diary. Maybe, for the next three or four days, eat what you have been eating and log it into the diary. After four days, look back at what you can reduce to get closer to the daily calorie goal. (This is a numbers game).
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    If you haven't yet, you definitely want to tap into your WHY. WHY do you want to do this? What will your end result get you? Why is that important to you? For us to stick with it, we need to have a good WHY.

Feel free to add me as a friend and maybe I can help you figure that out! You CAN do this! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    When you want this bad enough, you just "DO" it.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Do you stop because it's hard work? Well it is. So? Are you saying you'd rather eat (fill in the blank) than do the work it takes to lose weight?

Sometimes your answer will be, "yes" even when you are weighing all your food and logging everything you eat, but as long as most of the time you can say, "no" then you can do this. Don't give up just because you ate something you didn't plan to. Instead, log it and carry on.

It gets easier the longer you keep at it, and before you know it, you'll be making more good choices than bad choices. Just give yourself a chance!

55835802.png
  • yolo9752
    yolo9752 Posts: 69 Member
    If you haven't yet, you definitely want to tap into your WHY. WHY do you want to do this? What will your end result get you? Why is that important to you? For us to stick with it, we need to have a good WHY.

Great advice :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    girrrl3363 wrote: »
    I say I am going to do it but I don't or I stick to it for a few days but I just stop I need help someone got any advice

I reward myself with things I wouldn't normally do for myself. Example- after x amount of lbs are lost I splurge on a massage or manicure etc.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    What is it that makes you stop? When I had issues with stopping and starting (several times over!), I finally realized it was because my calorie goal was too low and restrictive, and my exercise goals were too demanding. Realistic goals made a huge difference for me.

I made sure I was only in a small calorie deficit - plenty of calories to allow for treats and goodies, keep me well fueled for workouts, and not feel deprived, and definitely not hungry. And I set exercise goals that fit better in my schedule, and didn't seem so overwhelming - just 20-30 minutes a day, and I'd plan out what I was going to do for the week so it was in my head or on paper. I'm a morning workout person, getting it done first thing before anything else gets in the way. Lay out workout clothes and gear the night before, get the DVD into the player and ready to go, or cued up on the computer (or gym bag packed and ready by the door if you're a gym person). Whatever it is, preparing for it helps a lot.

Log all your food, even if you "mess up". Look back over your diary at the end of each week and see where you did well, and where you can make improvements - this is a learning process.

And remember that each day is a new day for making progress. Even baby steps are progress. One day at a time - you can do it!
  • I think a good key is to start small. For instance, if you love pizza, swap original crust for thin. Similarly, getting 93% ground beef is a better option than 80%.

If you go out to get a lot, you might want to check out "Eat This, Not That" for ideas of swaps that will be near taste comparisons while reducing the calorie count. Alternatively, most foods are going to have less calories if you cook them at home instead.

Simple swaps like the ones above could possibly get you a 1/2 pound loss per week.

If you can add on some exercise several days a week, you might be able to lose an extra 1/2 pound per week.

As you become more comfortable with the swaps, you can either keep going at that pace or work on increasing your swaps.