GAME OF THRONES

Options

Replies

• Dan11874
    Dan11874 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Agreed, but keep your chin up show only people. Winter is coming...
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Here is a "It gets better" PSA for all who are suffereing from last nights GOT http://www.themarysue.com/game-of-thrones-it-gets-better-psa/

LMAO that was great! It hasn't gotten better for the Starks YET (I have full faith that it will) but at least it's gotten muuuuuuch worse for the Lannisters :devil:
  • raperez129
    Options
    Okay, I haven't read the books (I know, I know, flog me now...), but do the seasons conincide with the books? Is book 3 season 3? I think I heard that they were considering splitting the books into two season each. I just have to know if Book 3 is the all time shocker, if I have more "Book 3" to come in the next television season.
  • Dan11874
    Dan11874 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Season 3 of the show is "roughly" the first half of book 3. Season 4 will be the second half of book 3.

However, the first two seasons do coincide with Book 1 and Book 2. A Storm of Swords (book 3) is just a massive book where so much happens.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    And there's so much more to talk about about!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I knew something bad was going to happen when the music changed at the wedding but I had no idea (yeah, I've not read the books either...or any book for a very long time thank you very much to my 2 year old). It shocked the hell out of me....I am literally counting down the days till the next/last episode of the season. Thank God it wasn't this episode.... I may have imploded!
  • Kilokata
    Kilokata Posts: 111
    Options
    The red wedding was really bittersweet for me. On one hand it absolutely KILLED me to watch great characters get slaughtered... but on the other hand... Arya has been my favorite character since day one, and it just gives her even more reason to hate everybody. I haven't read the books, and I won't until the show is over (so I don't ruin it for myself) but I have a fantasy scenario in my head where Arya goes on a killing spree and murders everybody who ever wronged her. The greatest moment in television history (for me) would be Arya stabbing Joffrey RIGHT THROUGH THE EYE while watching the life drain out of him. Bwahah.

[/nerd]
  • Darius66
    Darius66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The red wedding was really bittersweet for me. On one hand it absolutely KILLED me to watch great characters get slaughtered... but on the other hand... Arya has been my favorite character since day one, and it just gives her even more reason to hate everybody. I haven't read the books, and I won't until the show is over (so I don't ruin it for myself) but I have a fantasy scenario in my head where Arya goes on a killing spree and murders everybody who ever wronged her. The greatest moment in television history (for me) would be Arya stabbing Joffrey RIGHT THROUGH THE EYE while watching the life drain out of him. Bwahah.

[/nerd]

I would LOVE this.

I also (not having read the book) that the remaining Stark alive join with Khaleesi!
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for an inadvertent spoiler comment. :laugh:
  • Kilokata
    Options

[/nerd]

I would LOVE this.

I also (not having read the book) that the remaining Stark alive join with Khaleesi!

My thoughts exactly. At first I didn't like Khaleesi, but I later realized that I didn't like her because of her *kitten* brother Viserys. As soon as Khal Drogo killed his ***** *kitten* I started to REALLY like Daenerys. Every decision she makes, every person she meets, she's initially kind and thoughtful towards. The only people she kills are people who have fatal flaws or try to cross her. I look upon the Starks in much the same light - they aren't perfect, but they seem to have their heads in the right place, and do things for the right and just reasons.

Arya, Bran, Rickon, Jon and all of the Starks and their bannermen + Daenerys and her Unsullied = win.

I also LOVE the plotline with Barristan the Bold. He and Ned Stark were the ONLY people to argue against King Robert when she ordered Denaerys killed, and he was betrayed and dishonored by Joffrey when he was dismissed from the Kingsguard.

Just too many people USED and then tossed aside by the Lannisters... it makes me happy just thinking about the REVENGE!

bwahaha.

:(
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    It really all started to go downhill after book three.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Not reading any of this.
    I've just finished Season 2 on DVD and don't get HBO. Might be months before I start watching season 3.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You really think the Starks will be allied with Daenerys when she storms through Westeros? lol. Don't count on it. After all, the North was key in the Rebellion. She will kill them all. The Starks are finished. I think Martin has made it clear that the only one of them with a chance is Arya. Remember, there is no Justice or sweet revenge in this series.
  • Darius66
    Options

[/nerd]

I would LOVE this.

My thoughts exactly. At first I didn't like Khaleesi, but I later realized that I didn't like her because of her *kitten* brother Viserys. As soon as Khal Drogo killed his ***** *kitten* I started to REALLY like Daenerys. Every decision she makes, every person she meets, she's initially kind and thoughtful towards. The only people she kills are people who have fatal flaws or try to cross her. I look upon the Starks in much the same light - they aren't perfect, but they seem to have their heads in the right place, and do things for the right and just reasons.

Arya, Bran, Rickon, Jon and all of the Starks and their bannermen + Daenerys and her Unsullied = win.

I also LOVE the plotline with Barristan the Bold. He and Ned Stark were the ONLY people to argue against King Robert when she ordered Denaerys killed, and he was betrayed and dishonored by Joffrey when he was dismissed from the Kingsguard.

Just too many people USED and then tossed aside by the Lannisters... it makes me happy just thinking about the REVENGE!

bwahaha.

:(

I want to see Bran riding atop a dragon leading an attack against the lanisters... So many things I hope will happen and most people already know the answer! I might just read the books to stop killing myself by waiting.
  • Darius66
    Options
    You really think the Starks will be allied with Daenerys when she storms through Westeros? lol. Don't count on it. After all, the North was key in the Rebellion. She will kill them all. The Starks are finished. I think Martin has made it clear that the only one of them with a chance is Arya. Remember, there is no Justice or sweet revenge in this series.

Once again, not knowing anything since I haven't read past book 2, Daenerys has shown she can be compassionate to those who deserve it. Unless you know something I don't know (which is certainly possible) It could happen.
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I seriously sat and stared at the screen through all the credits and a few minutes of the next show, repeating WTF. Ughh. I realize that this happens in the book, but WHYYYYY?!?!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any of Season 3 yet (until I can get it on Netflix or Amazon Prime).

This is the first series I have not 'read ahead' and looked at wiki, etc to see what happens. Then I like their facebook page and that spoilertown killed me. :sad:
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has read all of the books... I have not read any. I simply could not speak after the episode was over. I knew 'something' was coming, but wow... He explained a couple of subtle differences from how it went down in the book, but said it was pretty much right on. I can't wait to see what happens next week!
  • Kilokata
    Options

Once again, not knowing anything since I haven't read past book 2, Daenerys has shown she can be compassionate to those who deserve it. Unless you know something I don't know (which is certainly possible) It could happen.

^^ This.
    Daenerys has shown time and time again that she is compassionate and intelligent. Why wouldn't she ally herself with a group of passionate, righteous people fighting against the corrupt usurpers? Makes sense to me. Especially if Daenerys got wind of the red wedding and how vicious and despicable these people really are. Based on the way she's acted and ruled her followers thus-far, it'd make sense to me that something like the wholesale slaughter of an entire unarmed family would provoke her to take action.

Again, I haven't read the books, so I'm just firing off what I'd LIKE to see. Holy crap I can't even count how many times I've been wrong already, I'm just saying what I'd enjoy seeing the most.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options

[/nerd]

Yeah lol, in my head I think she may one day meet that guy who killed 3 people for her! Then doomsday will be upon them. Not including the dragons obviously..... Dragons rule all!