chubby since age of 10

Options
fighting to get to my ideal body weight. need to lose 60 pounds. what is best way

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Caloric deficit.

mhm.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Caloric deficit.

This backed up with self discipline and no excuses.

Yessum! And a heavy dose of willpower
  • bullofheaven
    bullofheaven Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    eat more veggies
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Maybe giving more information about yourself, and your goals, could get you more constructive replies.
    Cheers, h.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Maybe giving more information about yourself, and your goals, could get you more constructive replies.
    Cheers, h.
    Yes definitely. The more info you give the more people can help you. Do you have your diary set to public?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    redasamaan wrote: »
    fighting to get to my ideal body weight. need to lose 60 pounds. what is best way

To actually do something?

You already know what you need to do, right? Eat less, move more.

Eat less.

Move more.

Why aren't you doing it yet instead of beating around the bush trying to find some imaginary "best way".

Get crackin'. You know what you need to do. Let's see you do it, right?

• redasamaan
    Options
    thank you everybody. I feel fortunate to be around genuine people. I will take to heart your advice and i wish everyone the best as well. God bless
  • redasamaan
    Options
    Since i logged my diary 50 days ago, i lost 2 pounds, 58 pounds more to go.... woohoo
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been blessed with a peasant's frame as well as an extremely short torso since I was about 13, when, over one summer, I went from an A cup to a D cup. I swear, you could hear the literal "boinnnnggggg!!!!" as the things popped out. I've been fighting being pudgy and overweight since then.

Part of being overweight has been shown to be related to your ancestry and what your ancestors went through. All 4 of my birth grandparents survived the dust bowl. Those 4 grand parents were Irish, Choctaw, English and Polish Jew. . .so, let's see, 3 of my 4 cultural threads are well-known for famine and starvation periods. I obviously came from people that starving couldn't kill!

Okay, so what does that have to do with you reasamaan? I bet you are from a similar genetic background.

My advice: give up on the idea that you will ever be rail-skinny or look like the people that cross the finish line first at a marathon. Then realize that you can lose weight; might be harder for you than for others, but you can lose weight and get to a normal BMI or close to it. Know that you are going to have to fight the good fight to get there and that's okay and that looking good IRL is really about looking healthy - which, I promise, you can do!