edited February 2015 in Success Stories
l92ygrlnb1ew.jpg

dbsn43m54gfy.jpg

dozg9cnity6n.jpg

Height: 171 cms (5'7)
Start weight: 124.8 kgs (275 lbs)
Current weight: 90 kgs (198 lbs)
Goal weight: around 60 kgs

I have always been chubby but the weight really came on when I started my first job in fast food. I ate it every time I worked and that went on for years. I gained a lot. When I got a new job not in fast food I tried to eat healthy in the past and loose weight, I had no idea what healthy was or exercise for that matter. After not loosing weight I would give up.

Then one day last year I woke up and decided enough was enough I am not going to be obese for the rest of my life and signed up to mfp, bought a food scale, stopped eating fast food almost daily, signed up to the gym with my boyfriend and started buying my own food instead of eating what my family was eating.

I'm 6 months into my journey and even though I don't feel different my monthly progress photos and measurements show me how far I've come.

I am now 34.8 kgs down (76 lbs), I exercise 4-6 times a week, use mfp to track what I eat and am happy. I have tough days regularly although I never give up and that's why I've gotten to were I am today.

Never ever give up on what you want, no matter how long it takes!

Replies

• latoyaaaa
    latoyaaaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I also have not consumed McDonald's in 9 months which is a massive achievement considering how regularly I would have it :)
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Very nice progress! I'm proud that you power through your tough days and am still on track! I wish I wasn't so "OMG no" to take before pics :-/
  • hotvwchick
    Options
    Congrats! I'm slightly less then your current weight at 196. What is your goal weight? Just curious about your height? I'm 5'8". I have a sugar addiction......man its tough!
  • latoyaaaa
    Options
    hotvwchick wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm slightly less then your current weight at 196. What is your goal weight? Just curious about your height? I'm 5'8". I have a sugar addiction......man its tough!

I am 5'7
    My goal weight is around 60kgs (132 lbs) purely because I have a lot of belly to loose!
    I'm about half way through my journey right now

• TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options

Well done chick so proud of you. You have done an awesome job keep up the great work
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You've done really well Latoya. In fact I think you've done amazingly!

• TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" too. You are an inspiration
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing. Good work. :D
  • sheshappynow
    sheshappynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting your pics congrats btw... I'm also 5'7 and have a lot of back fat... and was curious if it would ever go down but you look amazing... and our bodies are built the same way.. you dear are an inspiration! please add me so we can cheer each other on!
  • latoyaaaa
    Options
    thank you for posting your pics congrats btw... I'm also 5'7 and have a lot of back fat... and was curious if it would ever go down but you look amazing... and our bodies are built the same way.. you dear are an inspiration! please add me so we can cheer each other on!

Honestly I didn't realise my back fat was going. Then I compated photos and was like OMG what!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :). Proud of you, and happy to have you on my friends list :)
  • its_annabelle
    its_annabelle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You've done really well! It's so inspiring!
  • mkaylaz
    Options
    You look awesome! 34 kg down within 6 months is so inspiring to me! thank you for your photo progress shots I too have a similar figure to you ( but im heavier) you have shrunken! well done!
  • latoyaaaa
    Options
    mkaylaz wrote: »
    You look awesome! 34 kg down within 6 months is so inspiring to me! thank you for your photo progress shots I too have a similar figure to you ( but im heavier) you have shrunken! well done!

I'm pretty sure I have a really high body fat percentage because my sister is only 4-5 kgs less and has a flat stomach but I'm eating well and exercising so in time my body fat will take care of itself.

• latoyaaaa
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • DeterminedBexx
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW! You made me cry! I can't believe this....I've been here thru your whole journey and girl I am so damn proud of you! You are blowing this weight loss out the park- every single part of you has changed- looks and mindset! I am so so grateful to be able to follow you on your journey, your so inspiring, thank you for sharing!
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    OMG LATOYA!!!!! :O :O :O You look absolutely incredible!!! You've come so far and I feel so grateful for being apart of your journey! You're the most motivated and inspirational pals I've ever come across here, you push on through even when hell hits you!
    Holly *kitten* look at your back!! And your tummy :O Unbelievable results in such a short period of time! Even your skin is glowing!! Just so gobsmacked and amazed! You go girl!! <3
  • kittee83
    kittee83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic girl! Thank you for letting me follow you on your weight loss journey.
    I know how tough it is, believe me! B) And you are kicking *kitten* there, seriously!!! I haven't been able to lose weight that fast in my journey, but you are doing amazingly well hunni. Keep being my inspiration babes xxx <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!