Ladies-Stopped biirth control & gaining weight?

Options
I stopped my birth control the week before Christmas. I have been watching most of what I am eating & walking 2.5-3 miles a day on my treadmill. I have gained 4lbs since it seems to be when I got off my birth control. Has anyone gained weight going off birth control? My weight will not budge now. In November I lost 5lbs by walking alone. I went off birth control & I gained it all back.

I am also now getting headaches every 1-2 days :-/ Hormone withdrawl?

Replies

• 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    More than likely. I lose better on bc than not. But I am really trying to do it without. Slow going.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You will lose the weight if you are staying in your deficit. You will probably have to give it some time before it shows up on the scale. When I got off of birth control I went wacko for a few weeks, and was in so much pain and probably retained a lot of water when I started ovulating again. Your body might be funky for a month.

Just make sure you are sticking to your deficit!
  • V_Mark_V
    Options
    3 cycles post discontinuation is the normal for return. Reference cited: Goodman and Gilman's 12th Ed. Give it some time
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    AMaro215 wrote: »
    I stopped my birth control the week before Christmas. I have been watching most of what I am eating & walking 2.5-3 miles a day on my treadmill. I have gained 4lbs since it seems to be when I got off my birth control. Has anyone gained weight going off birth control? My weight will not budge now. In November I lost 5lbs by walking alone. I went off birth control & I gained it all back.

I am also now getting headaches every 1-2 days :-/ Hormone withdrawl?

Are you sure you are eating at a deficit? Do you track your calories, weight your food, log every single thing you eat?

• xxlilkaycexx
    xxlilkaycexx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It may take a little while to get your hormones back in sync - it took me about 3-4 months if I remember correctly. In my experience though, I feel SO much better off the pill then I ever did on it. As for the weight loss - just make sure you are tracking and measuring everything and keep at it. Eventually, you will see the loss.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're not pregnant?