Am I the only one?

Options
Well since it is 2 in the morning I can pretty much say it is my first "day" on my strict diet and workout that I am putting myself on and I cannot sleep because I feel like I am a giant tub of lard and that I shouldn't sleep until all of my weight comes off (which would be a loooong time since my goal weight is over 100 pounds less than I am now) and I feel worthless and that I basically need to do a bunch of work out things just to make a teeny dent in my self-esteem. Has anyone felt like this? If you did does it get better? If so, estimated time frame if you have one? I don't want to feel like this anymore I just want to feel accepted by me of all.

Replies

• kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    its a lifestyle change; so don't put a time limit on it. enjoy the journey. we all have esteem issues. stay positive and have fun.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You need to get in the habit of loving yourself at every part of your journey. Positive self talk needs to replace the negative. Get some counseling if this is difficult...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm betting that most of us felt that same way at the start, right at the moment we 'realized' we were fat. You want it gone NOW NOW NOW. I know that feeling, we all do. But it's not like that really, not in real life. It's slow for some, fast for others but a pain in the *kitten* for all.

Trust me, dont over think it at all. You will become obsessed.... much like I am. Much like most of us have become. Enjoy the journey, enjoy the smaller goals you HAVE to set. Smaller goals like, getting down one whole size, seeing you finish that workout without having to stop a sec. Eating that yummy dinner you cooked & know that you can pass on the chocolate block/bar/cake and know you will be fine NOT eating it.

Everyone here is in support for you. We've all been there. We've all needed the kick in the *kitten* to say 'wake up' 'get moving' 'eat better' . Nobody will hate you for not losing it all overnight.

I was a tub of lard last year. Yep last year. 482 days ago I started here. Hard work & willpower got me here now. Just like it will for you. Dont hate yourself along the way, you have already done that without knowing it. NOW is the time to live, come out of that suit you have on.... it will take time, but you will be thankful & learn so much along the way.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Find something everyday to love about yourself! Starting now! If you believe that you have value, you are more likely to take good care of yourself.
    Here are a couple things to start with...you are brave for starting this journey. You are strong because you've made it through the toughest part--getting started. :heart:
    Now keep going!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Gotta start by liking yourself unconditionally. Trust me when I say that rich, perfect bodied people have a bad time too when their self esteem sucks. It's not about how you look, how much money you have, or how much you're revered by others. It's how you feel about you that makes the biggest difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I feel worthless and that I basically need to do a bunch of work out things just to make a teeny dent in my self-esteem.

Pretty much constantly lol. I go through times of feeling confident and great about myself and times (most of the time actually) just feeling like crap. I took off about 40lbs from 270 last year, then slowly gained about half of that back...so the times of feeling like *kitten* about myself has started to creep back in. I'm officially getting my a** back in gear as well. Best tips are to find supportive people on here..they seriously make a HUGE difference, and like othrs said, start loving yourself for taking the steps to be a healthier person. Just realize that you really really can't do ANYTHING to get rid of 100lbs in a day/week short of cutting off a couple of limbs. It's going to take time.