monday

I do generally eat the wrong foods,I've been shopping and got salad but can find it boring.
I really want to eat healthier and also on tight budget.can't always buy fresh stuff weekly.
Most is frozen.need er know how to mix good foods with my everyday foods...

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    if you don't like salads don't eat them

you have a calorie goal, without exercise, from MFP

buy foods you like and eat to your calorie goal by weighing and logging accurately - you will work out portion sizes, you will work out what foods you can substitute for lower calorie value foods and you can eat mainly 'healthy' plus some treats so you don't get bored

If you are on a budget consider making large veggie stews to eat with rice and cheese or big pots of chilli con carne with rice and cheese (you can cut calories by using turkey or quorn mince and adding veg like carrots and celery)

you can tell I like hot earthy foods in winter

look at skinnytaste.com or the recipe board for suggestions

but living on salads, in winter ... I wouldn't
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    I like salad but salad will not get me by alone. I try to eat lean proteins and/or reasonable portions. I try to avoid white carbs ie potatoes or rice. i have done sweet potatoes as main course topped with lean chili or something along those lines. Eggs are fairly low calorie with good protein as long as you don't do it daily. Or just egg whites. Basically my usual evening meal is a good protein and salad and some other cooked vegetable. I also hit the bargain bins at the grocery store early in the meat dept before anyone else gets up and buys it all.