Compare apples with apples, not apples and oranges

Options
It's hard when you start comparing yourself to other people, rather than to yourself. If you compare yourself to others, you will loose sight of how far you have come and your progress. Its an easy trap to fall into. Anyway, I have lost 27kgs, another 10kgs to go. I know im still a lot bigger than other people my age/height, but im not them, i'm me and I think for me, i'm looking ok. :)

69805f99-4194-4083-a59c-d0f4f27fd282.jpg

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Own it girl. Way to go!
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep that attitude you will get to where you want to be. I hate when people look at me and say there is no way I can be the weight I am because on others it looks different. But I am who I am, and I will look the way I choice to look. Keep your head up and just be you!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    How about I compare apples with pies?

ETA: Awesome work OP :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you're looking great!

I don't compare apples and oranges, but I do get a LOT of inspiration from the people here who have done it.

I say to myself - wow, if that person lost 20 or 60 or 100 lb, then I can too. that person did it one day at a time, one pound at a time, i can do that too.

I DON'T say - i want to look like that person. I need to do what i need to do FOR ME, for MY body type, age, etc.

thanks for this reminder!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Keep going! You can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!