Needed a treat

Options
Have been following MFP since mid January this time and looked like I would have a loss of about 12 lbs for the month. That said, the weekend came around and though I kept to my eating plan on Saturday, Sunday it was Chinese buffet. Difficult to log, guestimate at best, looked at what others guestimated for a buffet and went with one mid range. I didn't have supper (It was a late lunch) and tried not to go overboard too much as I would have only a month ago. It was yummy!!!!! As expected, my daily weight showed an upward swing, assuming water retention and hope by the end of the week I will be back down. It feels great to know I can treat myself, and not feel guilty. I am in control!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job. Chinese has tons of sodium, so it's normal to retain water.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    If I can't accurately measure it and count it, I don't eat it. Problem avoided.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If I can't accurately measure it and count it, I don't eat it. Problem avoided.

Is that really a solution? To never go to a buffet restaurant for the rest of your life?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Have been following MFP since mid January this time and looked like I would have a loss of about 12 lbs for the month. That said, the weekend came around and though I kept to my eating plan on Saturday, Sunday it was Chinese buffet. Difficult to log, guestimate at best, looked at what others guestimated for a buffet and went with one mid range. I didn't have supper (It was a late lunch) and tried not to go overboard too much as I would have only a month ago. It was yummy!!!!! As expected, my daily weight showed an upward swing, assuming water retention and hope by the end of the week I will be back down. It feels great to know I can treat myself, and not feel guilty. I am in control!

outstanding attitude! You're going to be just fine. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

You are doing great! :) (*) (*)