anyone else using the pacer app?

Options
shw112
shw112 Posts: 60 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
hello everyone:)

so yesterday i downloaded an app called pacer onto my phone. its essentially a pedometer- it measures how many steps you've taken that day and how many calories you're burning. i got it because soon im planning to do the 3 mile walk back from school a few times a week (just as soon as ive got some suitable shoes). today i didnt really do any extra excerise but i thought id just leave the app on to test it out. you can link it with mfp, and it then adjusts your calorie goal depending how many steps you've taken, and i was surprised today when it said i had burned 151 calories from exercise and added these to my goal. this was literally just from walking to and from lessons, up stairs, to and from my bus stop, through the park etc. really quite minimal excerise that i would expect just to be part of 'normal daily activity'. anyway im wondering whether or not i can eat back these calories? has anyone else used this app and do you think it's accurate?

Replies

• tinahershorin
    Options
    It says on the food diary thing that you've "earned x calories". I imagine that means you could eat them back... But in order to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you eat. I'm not eating back any of my "earned" calories. It doesn't make sense to me (unless I'm missing something).
  • shw112
    shw112 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    it means that the calories you've burned are in addition to the defecit you're creating by eating however many calories a day (1200 in my case) so you can eat them back and still lose the amount of weight you are supposed to :) but what i dont know is whether or not the app is really accurate :/