Parties or family gatherings where YOU CANT ESCAPE THE BUFFET!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I'm not ravenously hungry when I start on the "good stuff". If I haven't eaten before the event, I will have a plate of veggies before anything else. I can still enjoy some of the higher calorie dishes, but portion control is a lot easier when you're not famished.

Some people like to try to pre-plan, but I prefer to just have a little of anything that looks good. I feel like planning ahead might make it less fun for me, though it certainly works for others.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have this image of a big huge monster of food (the buffet monster) chasing you around the house.

food_monster_1.jpg

seriously? GIMME!
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    We do potluck at work on the last Friday of every month. I politely take a small portion of everything and cut out snacking that day. Sometimes I'll skip dinner because I'm still full from lunch.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    gwg6hgjrneim.jpg

OOOOOHHHH YYYYEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! :drinker:

OP, just get small portions of the foods you like, and guesstimate. :flowerforyou:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the great thing about events like this is that you generally know about them ahead of time, and can plan properly.

-schedule your big workout that day to have extra calories to be able to eat

-start with the healthy stuff, such as salad, and lean meats

-if there are no healthy dishes, bring one!! but don't be "that person" that brings something uber-healthy. turkey chilli is my go-to healthy winter meal to bring to potlucks.

-if the parties and events are just that numerous that you're going to one a week, just pick and choose which ones you can go to. don't feel like you have to go to all of them.

-relax and enjoy yourself
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I have this image of a big huge monster of food (the buffet monster) chasing you around the house.

food_monster_1.jpg

seriously? GIMME!
    Your new pic looks like you wanna PUNCH US AAALL.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

Also? If you don't struggle with this, have the courtesy to go comment where your experience will be helpful to people instead of being snarky & rude. This is supposed to be a support board, FFS.

Also? I'll comment where when, and how I like.

Saying "No" works.

Find some flipping discipline in your commitment to lose weight.