Have you lost enough to reduce your meds?

Options
If you are on blood pressure, diabetes or other primarily weight related medications, how much did you lose before you were able to reduce them (with your doctor's approval of course)? I know everyone is different but just wondering and looking forward to possibly reducing mine one day as my numbers have already dropped considerably.

. . . and it will be encouraging to see the possibilities! :smile:

Replies

• PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't know how relevant this is to your question but I was put on a chronic pain medicine for migraines in September. After loosing 32lbs I noticed a big difference in how the medicine affected me so I talked to the doctor and he cut down the dose then took me off of it and my headaches are few and far apart now! HUGE difference considering in September I went 2 days (at the most) between week long migraines.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I don't know how relevant this is to your question but I was put on a chronic pain medicine for migraines in September. After loosing 32lbs I noticed a big difference in how the medicine affected me so I talked to the doctor and he cut down the dose then took me off of it and my headaches are few and far apart now! HUGE difference considering in September I went 2 days (at the most) between week long migraines.

Very relevant! I'd say that's a great fringe benefit of weight loss. And one you probably weren't expecting! Nice.
  • DeniseDeY
    DeniseDeY Posts: 1
    Options
    I have lost 70 pounds in just over a year and my last checkup my doctor reduced my diabetic, blood pressure and cholestoral meds all in half.
  • cviertha
    cviertha Posts: 32
    Options
    I had my blood pressure meds reduced after losing almost 55 lbs. Looking forward to see what else I can reduce or get completely off of! I still have about 70 more lbs I want to lose. Exercise played a big part in losing the weight and getting my numbers in the right place. The possibilities are endless! YOU are worth it! :flowerforyou: