boom - 3-5 pounds done.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    How old are you?

Profile says 18, I'm guessing 15.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Like others have said, wear something that you like, that you feel good in, hold your head up, go in with confidence & a big smile, know that you're going to have a good time.
    The best revenge is to live well & be happy.
    This Saturday is my school dance. I want to lose 3-5lbs before the dance
    Are you sure you're 18, like your profile claims?
    Because adults should be able to plan ahead. Or was the dance just scheduled yesterday?

Your ticker says you want to lose 30 lb. With so little to lose, dropping 0.5 lb per week would be a lot.
    Also, a 3 lb loss isn't going to show, and you can't know where the weight will come off. It could be your abdomen instead of your arms. There's nothing you can do to change that.

What would change how your arms & legs look is to strengthen & tone the muscles, and that's going to take time & effort. If you have access to a gym or free weights, use your google-fu to find descriptions & videos of exercises. Even body weight exercises are good (works for the military, right?).
    Do you have any tips (For how to lose the weight fast/look amazing)!
    Any ways to lose 3 lb in a week (for someone at your height/weight) would be unhealthy...
    bulemia, laxatives, excessive exercise, VLCD, dehydration, cutting off a body part.
    Don't do those!
    I'm giving them as examples of what would work, in hopes that you can see how stupid an idea this is.

(I've lost 5lb in a week a couple times, and 3lb in a week many times, but I also started off a year ago 110 lb overweight.)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Pretty much the same answers you got in the singles group when you asked how to lose 5-10 pounds.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited February 2015
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Any ways to lose 3 lb in a week (for someone at your height/weight) would be unhealthy...
    bulemia, laxatives, excessive exercise, VLCD, dehydration, cutting off a body part.
    Don't do those!
    I'm giving them as examples of what would work, in hopes that you can see how stupid an idea this is.

(I've lost 5lb in a week a couple times, and 3lb in a week many times, but I also started off a year ago 110 lb overweight.)

Most importantly, the weight lost in that time frame doing those things will not be losing fat, but principally dehydration. Being dehydrated will make her look worse, not better. Those things would not work toward the OP's actual goal (looking good), only the stated goal (changing the number on the scale).
  • ellamushere
    ellamushere Posts: 81 Member
    How old are you?

Yes I am 18, I'm a Sr. in High School. And I find what you said insulting really.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    How old are you?

Yes I am 18, I'm a Sr. in High School. And I find what you said insulting really.

Well you shouldn't- because it only goes to prove his point.

Younger people are 1.) more prone to material concerns like you have and 2.) more easily insulted when called out.

sorry- you're proving his point.

Did you go take a dump yet? Seriously- it'll fix your 3-5 pound problem.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Did your exes both dump you over 5 pounds? No? Then why would 5 pounds change their minds? And why do you want people who don't want you? That's the problem you should work on.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Did your exes both dump you over 5 pounds? No? Then why would 5 pounds change their minds? And why do you want people who don't want you? That's the problem you should work on.

tumblr_lr6uiqel0X1r2hybuo1_400.gif
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    This is going to sound harsh although I don't intend it too: surely you knew about this dance for quite some time? Advance planning would have been really beneficial in this situation. IF you have any pounds to lose it would have been much better for you to have started working on your fitness plan a couple months ago.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    I used to cut more than that for wrestling in just a few days, and it's a horrible idea it takes way too much work, it's all water weight, you do major damage to your body, and I'm not sure there is any appreciable difference in appearance since you just end up dehydrated as hell.