Do I want to update my goals?

Options
so I've lost over 10 lbs. Woot! MFP asked me if I wanted to update my goals. I said no. I'm trying to remember from my previous try if saying yes means they take away my calories or if that happens automatically. Frankly, if I'm losing weight, I'm not too excited about having fewer calories just yet.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I think they only change it if you update. Anyways, I have custom set my calories.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    My philosophy, eat as much as you can while still losing.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    so I've lost over 10 lbs. Woot! MFP asked me if I wanted to update my goals. I said no. I'm trying to remember from my previous try if saying yes means they take away my calories or if that happens automatically. Frankly, if I'm losing weight, I'm not too excited about having fewer calories just yet.

As you lose weight, your body naturally burns less, so you get less calories to eat. So yes, every 10 pounds or so you should readjust your goals.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes, you want to update them.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you're still losing at a rate you're happy with, don't change anything. Yes, if you update they will lower your calories and you obviously don't need to do that now.

If your weight loss slows or stops, then you may decide to lower calories...or you could keep them steady and exercise more. But it is your decision to make.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Agreed! It's only 10-20 calories less, so no biggie
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Update them, yes you will have fewer calories but you need fewer calories to maintain your smaller body. If you keep the same amount of calories you will notice a slow down in loss because the deficit is now smaller.
  • Lynette4321
    Lynette4321 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I appreciate the help :)