To be stronger in many ways...

Options
Hello, I am looking for balance and I have never counted calories before. I just "winged it" by drinking a lot of water and slowly chewing/eating smaller portions. That has helped, unless I forgot or did not make time to eat healthy snacks between meals and then by mealtime I felt voracious and wanted several smaller portions, which obviously added up to a large amount of calories consumed all at once. :s Anyway, I am 5 days in to using FitnessPal and lets see if it is true that keeping a food and exercise log produces better results for a person wanting to lose weight.

I am an avid runner - not a fast runner, but a runner nonetheless. I have run 3 half marathons and 1 full marathon. I might try for another full marathon in a couple of years, but I will stick with shorter runs for now. I have to force myself to find other exercises to do, otherwise I tend to overtrain in running and potentially cause aches from overused muscles. I branch out to do cycling, the elliptical, and swimming.

I like to do outside running, but during these cold months I chicken out some days and stick with the treadmill or other inside machines like the stationary bike, elliptical machine, or indoor pool.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You should not only count calories but you need enough protein, fiber, etc. Speak to a nutritionist!