Eating the right foods when away from home.

jasetheace79
jasetheace79 Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I have a bad habit when on the road headed out of town i eat the wrong types of foods. Maccas, KFC u name it. Even fried food from the servo and that's just the journey. When I stay at a hotel overnight it's usually a chicken parmy, or Maccas the next morning. Sometimes I will have a bowl of cereal for breakfast but then a sausage roll for lunch or mid morning snack. It's just easier for me (lazy by nature) but I do wanna change.

I have set myself a goal this week, I'm leaving around 6am to drive and stay overnight around 300km away and I want to eat right.
I would like some ideas on breaking this bad habit. I want to start eating right soo bad when away from home but it just seems to hard :(.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    edited February 2015
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Those restaurants have nutritional (calorie) information on-line. KFC probably has a grilled chicken breast or thigh option. At Maccas, the same thing. Buy some fruit and nuts and maybe some pre-cut vegetables to have in the car with you.
    At the hotel restaurant, the cook can accommodate your needs and modify a dish for you.