Middle Aged Married Male Seeking Like Minded MFP "Friends" ...

I truly live a 'good life' out here on the pacific west coast, often hiking in the mountains of British Columbia with my wife and our beloved german shepherd. However, I am now officially middle aged and overweight - need to change things up and live a more structured and healthier lifestyle with improved dietary habits... so I can still be climbing those mountains and doing some 'adventure travelling' with my wife when I am well into my eighties! Life is far too short and I need to smarten up with my lifestyle habits and make the most of it...

I used to be a competitive rower and body builder in my old University days, now long past! I do enjoy lifting weights, so plan to resume weightlifting and also adopt a plant based lifestyle - more fish based with some basic dairy (and eggs), so not totally vegetarian but heavily leaning in that direction!

IF you are of similar circumstances, and determined to do something about it - send me a 'friend' message. I'm seeking like minded individuals so we can support each other on our lifestyle changes and fitness goals.