Lost 3kg gained 1 now not budging

Options
Hi guys, been using MFP for a couple of weeks and purposely exercising and increasing general activity levels. I lost a approx 2.5 kg in the first couple of weeks, but eating pretty much to MFP set kj's and now not loosing. I am slightly hungry each day, so I don't think I am over eating - I don't weigh food but I measure many things and log food by barcode when possible. I also over estimate a few things each day in order to balance out anything that I might have more of. I am varying exercise as much as I can, including doing interval training on stationary bike. The weeks I seemed to loose the most were weeks when I ate a lot of unhealthy food and skipped a few days logging. Any ideas or is it usual to loose a few and then sit steady for a few weeks?

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. My weight fluctuates up to 3 kilos in a day depending on what I've consumed. ;)

It's normal to lose faster at the start because you're losing water weight. If you're not weighing your food, you don't truly know how much you're eating. It's just a guess. Try weighing and measuring your foods for a short time so you get a true picture of what you're eating. Until you do that it's just guesswork. Make sure you're counting your beverages too. Once you know what you're consuming you can start to adjust.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yes weighing your food is very important, especially when you're not losing weight. You just can't "guess" how many calories you're eating
  • painfullyshy84
    painfullyshy84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The only guessing is for dinner, based on total weight and divided by number of portions, everything else is spot on