Go-to high protein snack

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a snack that is high in protein and low in fat, any suggestions?

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Jerkey.

Quest bar.

low fat greek yogurt.

Annnd that's all I got because I actually eat a fair amount of fat.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with strawberries. Although like Dalako, I go for the fat, so I get the full fat variety.
  • kegdorf2012
    Options
    Protein shake
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Mine is the P3 pack when I am lazy (which is more often then I like to admit) or my own mix of nuts, meat and/or real cheese. But as above, I don't mind the fat so much.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Fat is delicious, but high protein low fat, as posted above, quest bars and jerky, I also like tuna fish.

Out of curiosity, why low in fat?

Rigger
  • c1cummin
    c1cummin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg white is one my go-to...cook a few dozen a week :)
  • andiemm30by30
    Options
    Amy, I completely forgot about cottage cheese, that used to be one of my favorites. Thanks for reminding me!!!
  • Vincentsrose
    Vincentsrose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    c1cummin wrote: »
    hard boiled egg white is one my go-to...cook a few dozen a week :)
    Agreed!

• andiemm30by30
    Options
    Rigger, I tend to get a lot of fat from other items I eat so I'm just looking for something that would give me more protein and not have extremely high levels of fat.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Cottage cheese with strawberries. Although like Dalako, I go for the fat, so I get the full fat variety.

I always thought I hated cottage cheese, like my whole life I just knew it was disgusting...and then I had full fat cottage cheese and my life changed.

I don't know why people were feeding me reduced fat cottage cheese my whole life but they were wrong. So wrong.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or a quest bar.
  • jdstathopoulos
    jdstathopoulos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After a workout, I go with a can of tuna with a splash of tobasco. I get the costco cans of tuna, which are larger than your average can. They have 180 calories and 45 grams of protein