Disappointed

Options
2»

Replies

• kmacca3
    kmacca3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    You're not logging your food, therefore you have no idea what your intake is.

It's not the scales you should be disappointed in.

If ur saying I should be disappointed in myself then I am not !
    I'm quite proud of my self for exercising with my busy life and schedule I'm more determined than ever
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    kmacca3 wrote: »
    UnasAquila wrote: »
    I would say that you could have gained muscle, this would explain both the scales seeming to say you haven't lost weight and you feeling fitter and looser in your clothes.

I would say that's incredibly unlikely.

Ummm how come ?
    U have to eat to lose weight yes? and I don't think I'm eating enough calories

Well, for one, you generally have to be in a calorie surplus to build muscle. Secondly, even if you are, it doesn't build that quickly.

The reality is that you haven't been tracking what you eat and, almost certainly if you've been using MFP's exercise database, overestimating exercise burn. The result is that you've lost no weight.

Now, because weight loss isn't linear, you may just be having one of those weeks, but I'd wager it isn't.

Eating healthy means nothing if you don't eat and drink at a deficit. Start logging and stop looking for reasons that aren't there.

So much this.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    kmacca3 wrote: »
    UnasAquila wrote: »
    I would say that you could have gained muscle, this would explain both the scales seeming to say you haven't lost weight and you feeling fitter and looser in your clothes.

I would say that's incredibly unlikely.

Ummm how come ?
    U have to eat to lose weight yes? and I don't think I'm eating enough calories

Well, for one, you generally have to be in a calorie surplus to build muscle. Secondly, even if you are, it doesn't build that quickly.

The reality is that you haven't been tracking what you eat and, almost certainly if you've been using MFP's exercise database, overestimating exercise burn. The result is that you've lost no weight.

Now, because weight loss isn't linear, you may just be having one of those weeks, but I'd wager it isn't.

Eating healthy means nothing if you don't eat and drink at a deficit. Start logging and stop looking for reasons that aren't there.

So she's lost no weight but her clothes are looser? Obviously she hasn't been eating at a deficit then. Duh.

Stop spouting the same old stuff and read what the op has written.

Have you taken measurements op?

I'm also a mum of 3 little ones, so I know how hard it is, so you're doing a fab job. I do agree that you should log though, just so you know exactly how much you're eating.