Hi! I'm new and need some friends

Options
My name is Juli, but I also go by LadyBug, either is fine, just watch the spelling please. I am 54 yrs old, diabetic and a below-the-knee amputee in a wheelchair. I'm finding it hard to meet my step goals because I don't get around very well. My fitbit does track my movements in my chair, but it takes quite a bit of movement for it to register.

If anyone has some tips on exercising in a wheelchair, I would appreciate any suggestions. Also, I could use quite a few friends to help keep me motivated and on track. Thank you.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support.
  • Dixiewest
    Options
    Hi Julie. You can call me Dixie or Deb. I am a double b/k amputee with a colostomy. I gained MAJOR weight over the winter here in Montana. It is even causing me some fitting problems with my prosthesis. I'll encourage you, if you'll encourage me. Nice to know I'm not alone. I've been trying to use stretch bands in my desk chair. I try not to use my wheelchair except when I take my legs off at night. There are some good youtube videos on chair exercises but not all of them are suitable. I'm sure you understand.