Why is it so hard to get past the 2 week mark?

Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenix150
    Phoenix150 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll for your thoughtful responses. It is nice to know that I am not the only one struggling with these issues. I think that the fact that I can take ownership of my feelings and fess up to my actions, is a big NSV that I have been working on. I guess I can't change the outside without changing the inside as well. It is nice to have support. Thanks again!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Always keep in mind nothing worth having comes easily. When you hit that 3 week mark and your tempted to eat junk or stop working out, remember how you feel when you quit and a few days later want to start all over again. You don't want to feel like that again! So just keep on keeping on. You really can do it.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    In all honesty, you just have to do it. It's a task, it's a bore, and it's one more thing you have to do out of your day, but that's what you have to do. It's like brushing your teeth or doing a chore - you just do it and get it out of the way.

Once you get used to doing it, it's not a big deal, and it doesn't take any time at all, because if you're like me, you eat a lot of the same things and they'll already be in your diary - it's the getting there that's the hard part.

But like all things in life, not everything is fun - you just do it.

This, 100%. You just do it. Eventually it becomes easier and it just becomes something you do. Good luck! You can do this - add me if you want; I'm always looking for motivation and support :)

• I know what you mean!! Like above I think you have to get to a point where you are sick of the weight and you just have to lose it. I lost a lot years ago and now at my heaviest and have been back for almost two weeks now. Like they said it's like brushing your teeth just have to do it and get it out of the way. I do my exercise in the morning so in done for the day! You can add me if you'd like.