am i lightly active or active...

Options
i know this question seems like a no brainer but im lost. currently im a stay at home wife (i have an infant and just moved to the California area)
i work out about 5 to 6 times a week.
however i think im only burning like 200 to 400 calories a day.
i do some moderate cleaning around the house 2 twice a day. and heavy cleaning like once a week.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    No more than lightly active ..but I'd do sedentary and see how it goes

Purposeful exercise eg workouts are not included in your activity level..you add those on top (then half the calorie allowance as MFP overestimates)
  • ItsMe0909
    Options
    Better to be safe and choose sedentary. Then, log your exercises in MFP. Ideally; you should record your workout calories using data from a HRM and an associated app. :}
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Lightly active
  • chocolatekiss5757
    chocolatekiss5757 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I have mine set for sedentary then add my workouts on top
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If you're using the MFP method the way it is designed, you don't include exercise activity in your activity level...just your day to day humdrum. In your case I would start with sedentary and log your exercise and eat those back (adjusted for estimation error). Otherwise I would do light active and not bother logging exercise activity. Most definitely I would NOT select active...no way.
  • justiceharper310
    Options
    i would put sedentary but i dont even get enough calories as lightly active im always starving. and i eat good lots of fiber but i cant go the end of the day light headed.... i think i will set it for lightly active.... :/