Protein Shake Recommendation

I really have been having a hard time reaching my protein goal. I always reach my carb and fat. Any recommendations on a good protein shake that is low on carbs and sugar? I already go over my carbs and sugar so I dont need to add any more :)

Replies

• JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    If you are good on your carbs and sugars just try adding more protein to your diet. Chicken/tuna/fish/egg whites

Its how I keep my proteins high.

When it comes to shakes, you will get carbs added because they are used to fuel the body after a work out.
  • I have been using whey and hemp protein for the same reason, to hit my protein goals without exceeding my calories (as I don't eat a lot of meat).

Many whey protein powders are sweetened with artificial sweeteners, which I don't appreciate at all either. While mostly avoiding processed foods in my diet, whey protein is the only item I consume regularly that I know isn't whole and awesome. I just received an order of unflavoured whey protein from Bulk Powders, in an effort to minimize any other unnecessary flavouring/sweetening chemicals. Just got the package, so haven't tried it yet.

I also just started using hemp protein, which is much less suspicious than highly-processed whey protein powder, and it has quite a good rate of protein. The part to get used to is the flavour and consistency, as it's nothing like a vanilla ice cream milkshake (mudwater with sawdust?). My goal is to try to find a way to get used to it and wean myself off the whey.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    ON 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard ....

I use extreme milk chocolate ........
  • ON 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard ....

I use extreme milk chocolate ........

Yes, the Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey was the delicious vanilla ice cream milkshake I was referring to. It was good, except for the artificial sweetener part.