Fighting off a binge

Options
Hi! I have been constantly fighting the urge to binge. All was well until I looked at my calorie count for today and I had already hit the 1000 mark. I like to keep it to around 800 at this point in the day so at dinner I can eat about 700-1000 calories. I am really fighting the urge to just not bunge and blow it. I am not physically hungry, but somehow emotionally I am making myself feel hungry! This may sound dumb, it it was the best way I could find to phrase it.

What do you do when you want to binge?

Replies

• parrillr
    parrillr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I struggle with fighting a binge almost every day. People don't believe it due to my current weight but I am a hard core closeted binge eater. For me, I let stress and stuff get to me way too much and tell myself to screw it and binge because I can get away with it. However, it's not easy to stop once you get into that vicious cycle. Binges are usually triggered for me by eating something or too much of something before a certain time of day or before I get my good workout in. It's weird but it usually makes me feel like I've ruined the day by changing the routine. I'm usually not even hungry but at the end of the day I tell myself to binge anyway because I already blew it. :(

The best binge combatant for me is to immerse myself in something else like cleaning or going for a jog. It's hard.....but I feel better afterwards. I've also tried to log all my binges so I can get a dose of reality. And it is ugly!
  • AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been constantly fighting the urge to binge. All was well until I looked at my calorie count for today and I had already hit the 1000 mark. I like to keep it to around 800 at this point in the day so at dinner I can eat about 700-1000 calories. I am really fighting the urge to just not bunge and blow it. I am not physically hungry, but somehow emotionally I am making myself feel hungry! This may sound dumb, it it was the best way I could find to phrase it.

What do you do when you want to binge?

I think the most important way to resolve this is to fix the core reasons why you want I binge eat.

Do you physically feel hungry or are you craving the foods you do not have?