New mom looking for friend support

Options
I'm 7 weeks post partum and looking for a friend or two to chat with about progress to stay motivated. I'm at 152lbs with 22 lbs to go.

Replies

• SkinnyShannSoon
    SkinnyShannSoon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Whitney! Congratulations on your new arrival. I am 5'3. When I got pregnant I weighed 150 pounds. The day I went in for my c-section I weighed 234 pounds! I gained a whopping 84 poinds. I immediately lost 28 pounds after a week of having my baby. So, at 206, I started my journey with this app. I got down to 200, and then I quit using the app for months.

I started back using the app a few months ago, and at that time I weighed 200. Now, I am 184! This app. Has REALLY helped me a lot. I love that you can scan your food and drinks. You can also add in cardio, and it will give you extra calories to eat (if you need it).

When you get discouraged, read the success stories!!! Wow, those stories are really inspiring!

You can do this! Log every single bite! :)

YOU CAN DO THIS! :)
  • whitneyliddle
    Options
    Thanks girl. That means a lot. I just started this about a week ago. I didn't know you could scan food. So much easier!
  • jeanniebean79
    jeanniebean79 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I just had my second child 3 weeks ago. Before that I lost 50 lbs using this ap and working out. I was 206 pre pregnancy and today am 215. I had also lost a lot of weight before my first child & then gained a lot back. I am really trying to get back on track right away this time. I still am not cleared to work out yet so for now I am focusing on just being mindful to what food I am putting in my body.

I would love to create a little network of support with other moms on here.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    mom of 4 here, youngest is 7 months - she's only 10.5 months younger than her sister! I'm not trying to lose, but like mom friends who understand the chaos.
  • kmbrly0525
    Options
    Hi mommas! I have a 7 month old and am finally getting serious about losing those last 10 lbs and hopefully a few more than that. It definitely helps knowing other moms going thru the same struggles. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. Keep up the hard work, ladies!
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome......and congrats on your bundle of joy. My little one will be 2 in March and I'm just now getting serious about losing my baby weight. Feel free to add I'm always looking for more mommy friends.
  • jeanniebean79
    Options
    Morning everyone!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic day. I am attempting to head out for a bit with my little one this morning so wish me luck
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My youngest is 9 months and my other two are 5 and 3. I've still got about 30lbs to lose, possibly less (haven't actually weighed myself since November lol). It took me about 14 months to lose the weight after my other two.
  • whitneyliddle
    Options
    Have a good time! I'm going to walk /run later with my jogging stroller after I take my seven year old to school. I haven't been out in a few days, can't wait!
  • jeanniebean79
    Options
    Can't wait for the weather to warm up here so I can walk outside again. Yesterday was a complete wash with my eating. I keep reminding myself today is a new day.
  • acbrant
    acbrant Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi Mamas! I am almost 12 weeks PP - my second son. Trying to lose 15 pounds & struggling with limited time to exercise!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here, from 7-5months! Looking to lose about 30#. Add me!
  • acbrant
    acbrant Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out how to add friends - help!
  • helen_catherine
    helen_catherine Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a 7 month old son and I'm hoping MFP will help me shed my baby weight and more! I'm looking for friends on here to help motivate me too as I don't know anyone that uses this app :( and I don't want to pay to go to clubs like slimming world/weight watchers. I'm from the UK but would love to have some friends from across the globe so feel free to add me :)
  • liesincepl88
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3 but just had our youngest 2 weeks ago. Looking for mommies to connect with on my weight loss journey!! Feel free to add me if anyone wants :)
  • brandi2912
    Options
    I am also a mommy of two and I am starting my Journey today!! I would love to join a support group
  • jenwardy
    jenwardy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have a 2.5 year old daughter and a just 3 month old son. I started on here 5th January and have lost 13lbs so far. I would love to have some other new mommies as friends. Feel free to add me as a friend. There is also a new mommies Group that I've joined x
  • LookAWalrus
    LookAWalrus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Allie, I have a 14 month old LO I started at 220 (I stopped looking at the scale a few weeks before delivery) and now I'm down to 152. Congrats on all the babies, ladies! I have to be careful or I'll get baby fever LOL
  • its4raina
    Options
    Hello new mamas! I am 5 weeks postpartum today and have 45 pounds to loose. This was my second pregnancy. I gained 65 with my first son and lost 50 pounds of it before his first birthday, when I got pregnant with my second son. I know I can loose the weight, I've done it before, but I also feel really alone and don't want to do it by myself this time. I think some friends on this app would really help me to stay motivated. I am so tech challenged that I can't figure out how to add friends. How do I add people from the community thread posts?
  • helen_catherine
    helen_catherine Posts: 330 Member
    Options

its4raina wrote: »
    Hello new mamas! I am 5 weeks postpartum today and have 45 pounds to loose. This was my second pregnancy. I gained 65 with my first son and lost 50 pounds of it before his first birthday, when I got pregnant with my second son. I know I can loose the weight, I've done it before, but I also feel really alone and don't want to do it by myself this time. I think some friends on this app would really help me to stay motivated. I am so tech challenged that I can't figure out how to add friends. How do I add people from the community thread posts?

I've just added you. I think you go to your friends section and type in the persons user name you want to add (I think) hope I have done it correctly!