foods that boost your mood?

Options
2»

Replies

• fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I drink Gerolsteiner mineral water because of its high mineral content of magnesium. I find the magnesium helpful for mood and anxiety.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    never heard of that fev - thanks for the thought! definitely something i will check out. i take natural calm, which is high in magnesium usually at night as a tea. Looking for something to help me during the day when i'm stuck at my abusive job. Maybe this would help.
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    San Pellegrino is an ok substitute but not low mineral or sparking waters. Gerolsteiner is best. My husband thinks it tastes like Alka Seltzer but I've learned to love and crave the taste. It's also low sodium and zero calories. I hope you can find it; it's really helped me. :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

maybe you are low on Iron ? speak to your doc before taking any iron medication
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that fresh vegetables, especially including leafy greens, with quinoa seems to be the best food help for my mood overall. However, for me nothing beats regular exercise and meditation (once a day).
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Vit D (as mentioned), Vitamin B complex, fish oil supplements have at least anecdata to support their use in *helping* fight depression, though obviously they're not magic. The benefits of fish oil for depression aren't as staggering as for some of its other effects, unfortunately.

I'm currently testing out a theory that I feel better in the evenings on days when I eat a lot of protein and fewer simple carbs, based on a few observations from my food diary. At this point the difference could still be situational/coincidental.