Eating the same things.

Options
My healthy eating mainly consists of Chicken, fish ,red meat & eggs. I need to find some more recipes as it gets boring eating the same stuff. I have a really sweet tooth & need some ideas

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I find the more bored I am, the easier it is not to overeat, but if you need more calories, raw cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, and raisins are my personal favorite. I just sadly never need more calories!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    if you get on pinterest there are heaps and heaps of ideas for all meals including snacks
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a great idea! I also just bought a few cook books online that peaked my interest. One of them was a vegan cookbook! (just to branch out and try new things)
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Incorporate fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com?

Cooking Light index?

Explore the fun world of exotic fruits and vegetables! (Some of them are really pricey, but others are right in there with apples, zucchini, eggplant etc).

Heck, eggplant recipes, winter squash (butternut squash, spaghetti squash, acorn squash) recipes might be a great place to start. For example:

-Slice eggplant into rounds. Spritz with cooking oil/Pam (or "toss with 1 tsp oil"). Place on baking sheet. On each slice, put a spoonful (amount is up to you) of cottage cheese and a spoonful of stewed tomatoes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning (basil/oregano/garlic) and some salt if desired. Bake at 375 for 15-20 min.

-A terrific acorn squash recipe to satisfy a sweet tooth :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    I find the more bored I am, the easier it is not to overeat,

For me that is a recipe for disaster - I'll refuse the foods and instead crave the sweets. My solution has been to cook and eat delicious and varied food every day, at every meal.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't have many recipes on hand, but one thing I do for my sweet tooth is make overnight oats (my favorite is a pumpkin pie version). It seriously tastes like a desert if I make it with vanilla greek yogurt and some cinnamon/pumpkin pie spices. I end up having it for lunch with an apple and so its like dessert for lunch!